Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle 6-29
Fished the afternoon at Jordanelle at Rock Cliff. Caught two huge bass, I swear they were largemouth, but I don't think there are largemouth in Jordanelle. They were about 16 inches and fat. They fought hard too. Caught them on green senkos. Also caught a few bow's with a perch rapala. Fishing was great, then the wind came and stranded us on the south side. I lost a fin and an oar from the pontoon trying to get my ride out of the water as the waves were rolling in. Finally managed to get both out of the water. Also broke my set up for my fish finder. Anyway, we waited about 30 minutes and just as we were going to try and make it across, it turned calm and it was awesome the rest of the night, except for the fishing. Didn't catch anything else the next hour or two. Had a good time though, as those were the first bass I ever caught.
[signature]
Thank for the report.There are largemouth bass on the Rock cliffs side,used to catch them all the time a few years ago.Congratulations on your first bass!You will be "hooked" on them now![Wink]What time did you fish?
[signature]
We were up there from about 3pm-8pm. You are right, I am addicted to bass now. I can't believe how hard those suckers fight. Saw a ton jumping hard by the shoreline, but didn't have any thing to throw on top, or I guess I should say I don't know what to use for topwater bass fishing. I really need to learn the rigs a bit better. Most fish were about 9 feet down in 20 feet of water.
[signature]
Bass(any kind) are as addicting as drugs! They fight like hell and depending what you are using they strike visciously! Keep after em' and it will get even funner once you learn a few tricks.[cool]
[signature]