Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
another great day at Electric lake
had another good day of fishing on Electric lake thursday..we got to the lake at about 9:30 had the snowmobil this time so i did not have to walk a long way to the lake.. we tryed a spot down off the snowmobil track off a point about 1/4 mile from the dam in about 28 feet of water we fished for about 1 hour and did not even get a bite and did not see any fish on the fish finder.. so we headed over to the dam and set up on the east side of the dam.. in about 42 feet of water started see fish on the finder from top to bottom..and we started geting bit right away..nightcrawler on a 1/4 glow head,and a white ice fly that i hand tied worked the best...we caught about 30 fish between the 2 of us but in the end the cool of the day pushed us off the lake..

from the fuzzyfisher-----------fish on!!![sly][Image: SORE9571CustomImage0811109.jpg]
[signature]
[Smile] Those fish in the picture look nice and frozen solid
[signature]

What a fun time,looks like you caught some nice fish.
I don't have a proc.with me but one of my buddies told me it was artificial at electric lake.Was he wrong?
[signature]
It has been that way since I was last out there . But the Proc say 's artificial flies and lures just for tributaries closed jan first to second sat in july . I was surprised when I read awhile back .
[signature]
the only speical reg for electric lake is on the Tributaries... and thay are artificial flies and lures only.. CLOSED january 1 tell july 12..

but the lake has no speical reg this year [sly] so the ice fishing will be great for the 2 or so months[sly] from the fuzzyfisher-------------fish on
[signature]
Actually the lake "did" have the same regs but they were lifted last summer when the the lake started to lose water. I think a mining company had a tunnel under the lake and "poked" a hole in the bottom of the lake casuing the shaft to drain the lake. Not sure what finally happened.
[signature]