Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New fish measuring system
[cool] Got something new. Measure all fish in BCU's...Beer Can Units. Of course, if you are of a restrictive religious persuasion, you can substitute the beverage of your choice.

[Image: SCOU1712CustomImage094710.jpg]
[signature]
LOL,

I caught a 12-pack[sly]
[signature]
I been carrying a ruler all this time and didn't know it .
[signature]
Is there a requirement as to whether they must be full or empty cans?? Mine are usually empty and there is nothing to measure. On a good day I could use a shot glass to size them up!! Man I need a boat bad !!!!!!! I would give up the cans of beverage to get off the shore. Maybe the wife will let me get a tube this year??
[signature]
Only problem with a float tube is its not wise to carry a redneck ruler . Too many trips back to shore . LOL
[signature]
I understand!! LOL!! They don't make tubes with porta potties on them ??? I bet Tube Dude has one rigged up on his, he has everything else a fisherman could want in a tube! Man I am jealous of you pro's with all the right gear to have a great day on the water. I guess I better break down and drop a few bucks to get into some fish. While I am at it I will keep asking and reading for the tip's on what to do. This site is GREAT !!!!!! Thank you all!!!
[signature]
Hey Boatless,
If you are getting a float tube, Sportsman's Warehouse in Provo is selling the Gladder Bladder system for $9.99. It's a small bladder relief system that you wear with waders, may save you a trip or two to shore when you are out float tubing.

Kastmaster
[signature]
[cool]Without becoming too clinical, let me just say that I carry some heavy duty plastic bags, that can be maneuvered down the front of the waders in an emergency. Once filled, you twist them closed and wrap them sealed with a heavy rubber band for proper disposal later. They also make great hand-launched missiles for deterring water skiers and PWC.

Obviously, the best defense against "bladder splatter" is to regulate your intake both before you go afloat and during your trip. What goes in must come out. But, in a float tube there is a strange "Twilight Zone" thing that happens. Every twelve ounce "libation" turns into at least two or three times as much liquid in your "bilges". Never could figure out how that happens.

If you are jockying around a standard round tube, you sit lower in the water and just about have to go to shore to "download". In some of the new kick boats and pontoons, however, you sit with your nether regions either right at water level or even above it. If you are flexible, and the urgency is great enough, you can drop the front of your waders to pollute the water.

Hold on now, you environmentalists. I'm not advising befouling the water systems. But the "contribution" of one distressed float tuber is nothing compared to all of the municipal and agricultural runoff in most of our waters. But, if you see carp leaping out on the bank, committing suicide after you relieve yourself, you might wanna switch brands on that redneck measuring tape thing.
[signature]
20lb mutton snapper caught of miami dec 25.[Image: BASS8424CustomImage0417691.jpg]
[signature]

[laugh]This weekend I am going to work on a measurer fit for a whale.
[signature]
You can use the same measurement for trolling time.
[signature]
[cool] Good luck on that weekend project. By the way, will you be fishing dry flies or subsurface for that whale? I can only imagine what kinda tippet you will need to handle it.

Ya know, it occured to me that there is something else to be said for BCU measurement. There is no metric conversion. And, that's good, because after you have drained enough cans to measure that biggun, the math starts to get a bit fuzzy.

If you ever find yourself short of vital elements to accurately measure a prize catch, you can print out and carry the following fisherman's ruler with you. This was designed by the same guy who talks about "dog years" when referring to our best friend. It takes into account that the average non-angler has no understanding of the true ratio of fish inches to excitement factor...or that all fish either shrink drastically between being caught and being shown to fishing buddies. Either that or they magically increase in size between being released and the subsequent telling of the tale...to whoever you can corner long enough. Yep...this fishing ruler is the great equalizer.

Did I mention my fishing scales? My neighbor's newborn baby daughter weighed 25 pounds on them. Couldn't believe how much she had gained since that 7 pounds she weighed before they brought her home from the hospital.

[Image: SCOU1712CustomImage0957054.jpg]
[signature]

I prefer dry flies for whales,size 22 or 24,less like to impede my consumption time.
The Uinta's are my favorite whale hunting area,acording to your scale I really have been catching some big fish and I thought I was just drunk.
[signature]