Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm gettin' better...
Had a couple of free hours this afternoon, so I went fishing. Didn't know if I should try the Ogden or South Fork, so I drove up Ogden Canyon. The river looked like chocolate milk so I went on up to South Fork. The river was low and clear. Put on a brown San Juan worm attractor and a copper john dropper. Caught two nice browns on the worm. Released both of them. The worm was pretty chewed up so I switched to a red worm and a zebra midge. Caught one more brown on the midge. Lunch tomorrow for my better half. Left about 6:30. I've still got a lot to learn, but it's coming bit by bit.
[signature]
Good for you man!![Smile] It feels good when when it all comes together doesn't it![cool]
[signature]
Sounds like you are really geting it together. Your choice of flies was very good. Just keep fishing and remember to keep the nymphs on the bottom of the water, and mend, mend, mend!!!
[signature]
Good job, Bioman! I know how you feel. I just started fly fishing this summer, and I finally feel like I'm getting the hang of things.

This whole summer I had only caught 4 fish (fly fishing)----until yesterday.

Yesterday 8/16/06, I fished the upper logan river (right by Tony Grove).

I caught over 10 fish for the first time in my life! I hope that doesn't sound like bragging---it just feels good to finally have some good results after walking up so many rivers empty handed.

I used a variety of fly's / nymphs: caddis, hoppers, hare's ears, prince's, etc.

I fished from 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM, and it was the best day of fishing that I've ever had! [Smile]
[signature]
I have people ask me why I "Fly Fish" and you guy's are finding this out. YOU CAN CATCH MORE FISH! Surface, sub-surface, middle and bottom, it don't matter with a fly.
[signature]