Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rockcliff 8/20
went up to rockcliff sunday morn. hit the water about 9 am. took me near an hour to find the fish. tubed my way on over bout 3/4 of the way to the south shore and started fishing some stickups and nailed a 17" smallie. not a bad first fish of the day[cool]. same spot i hooked a 10"perh then a 14"smallie and then a 6" perch on consecutive casts. thought i was gonna be a banner day. well the bite was on for perch, coulda caught em on nearly every cast but i was after the bass so i stuck with a 5" senko to keep the small perchies off and moved around lookin for smallies. found another 17"er and a couple more small ones. had nibbles everytime out. those perchies sure are a tease!!! it got a little cloudy and we headed back in around 1ish vcuz the clouds look ominous. by this time i was all the way to the south shore so i just kicked back and when i got near the other side i decided to take a rest and try bout 5 more casts. on the first one i felt a little nibble and thought it was a stupid perch. i set the hook anyway and the fight was on!!!! this sucker spun me in my tube for a good 5 to 7 mins before i got him up. it was a fat fat fat 18 1/2"er that had to go dang near 5lbs.!!! what a lovely fish. glad i got tired and stopped to toss out one last time[Tongue]

it was a good day, overall 6 bass and 2 perch. not a lot of fish but some good quality fish and i finally got to hook something on my new pole. great way to break it in fighting big smallies!!!!

sorry, no pics. in my excitement to get on the water i left the camera in the truck. didnt even realize i had done so till my bro-in-law was gonna take my pic with the last one and the camera wasn't there....bummer.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. It's good to hear that you got some quality fish. The "cliffs" have served me up some nice smallies this summer. Was that dead snake still floating around by the ramp?

It looks like I may finally get to try Sand Hollow in October. Can't wait. How has it been fishing for you?
[signature]
i didn't see the snake. i actually looked for it cuz i read your post but nada. i was gona wacky rig that sucker and catch a new state record!!!! [Tongue][Tongue][Tongue]

i haven't been to sand hollow for a lil while cuz i've been in slc so much lately. last time i was there some smaller fish were still near the shore but most fish were deeper. round 20 feet or so. some good ones still coming in off the dykes also. i may be able to get up there this weekend i hope. i'll be in my tube and as long as i dont have to deal with the boaters i'll be able to go out and see whats happenin over the deeper water. if i make it i'll let ya know. i definately be there before october so i can keep ya posted. erhaps i'll even be there when you are and we toss a few senkos together.......
[signature]
LoL! you can wacky rig that snake, but you'll have to insert a couple of huge lead screw inserts to get it to sink![Wink] Hehehe, thanks for making me laugh!
[signature]