Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tippy Riverwatch Program
This is from Manistee County Conservation Officer Steve Converse:

Hello again-
once again "snagging season" is upon us. It looks like we will have another huge run of fish this year with bigger fish than the past couple of years. the way things are looking with the cold water on the beach right now I'm guessing the run is going to be a little earlier this year than last.
Hopefully all of you are still in good health and have had many opportunities to get out fishing this past spring and summer. I'm also hoping that everyone is still in favor of the River Watch program and willing to help out again. I strongly believe that we are starting to see a decline in the illegal activity at the dam.

Unfortunately like the past couple of years we are still missing a couple of officers in Wexford county so we are again short handed. Because of the this and the time frame with different hunting seasons opening we are only going to running the program one weekend this year. Hopefully in the future when we have more help we can go back to 2 or 3 weekends.

This year we are going to run the program on the weekend of September 23 & 24. Like in the past we will meet on the north side of Tippy Dam in the top parking lot.
We will start 8:00 am on both days and go until whenever.
Please spread the word on to others who have particpated before and to anybody else who might be interested in helping out.

Take care and hope to see all of you soon!