Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stuart Inshore Report: 03-15-03
Back in action after a 6-day lay-up resulting from a voltage regulator gone bad. The grass flats in the Indian River are finally showing signs of life in the morning trip with trout, jacks, ladyfish, flounder and a few snook. Water temps are creeping up, making it a lot easier to find rodbenders. The St. Lucie Inlet is holding fish, but area bridges during the day are still holding some mangrove snapper, sheephead, snook, black drum and several goliath grouper up to 15 pounds. Just returned from a Saturday morning trip with jacks, macs, snook, pomps, goliath grouper, ladyfish and sheephead.

It’s Dry Tortugas time. Next week myself and 9 other anglers from this area are heading to Key West to fish a 3-day trip aboard the Yankee Capts. This year our group has the entire stern of the boat. We depart Wednesday at 10:00 p.m., cruise 6 hours to the fishing grounds, with lines in around 4 a.m. Non-stop fishing for 30 hours catching mutton snapper and grouper is the main agenda. I’ll give you a full report on my return.

New pictures posted on my website – check them out! Tight lines everyone.

Capt. Bob Bushholz

http://www.catch22fish.com

(772) 225-6436
[signature]