Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber river report
I decided to give the ducks and hunting a break today and head up to Mt. Green for a little fishing action,
Started at the RR bridge at the spillway and had 7 hits and 2 longlines.
Moved up to Mt Green and fished under the tracks with no luck and headed to Weber Basin's bridge, Always catch fish there.
Started throwing a plastic jig and had many strikes and hookups but no lands.
My friend left and came back later on and broke out the fly rod. He doesn't have a clue so i used it and caught 3 fish and had a bunch of hits. All small fish. He finally caught a 10"er on my pole with the jig and proceded to cast the end of my ugly stick into the river.[shocked] I had to put on my waders and go get it. The kids had a good time and shooed away the skunk. It felt good to wet a line after a month or so. The river is a little high, but very clear and the BWO's are out in force along with midges. Next time i will have my fly rod and the right gear to flyfish. Hopefully my friend will too. He is a new registered member, but i can't remember his name.

BTW: On the way down the canyon just prior to the rest stop, i looked up on the hillside and saw a herd of about 25 deer and a dandy buck(SHHHHH).
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I haven't fished the Weber for about a month and that was above Peterson. That was the last time I've been out and I'm starting to have withdrawls. I'm tying up some midges for the fly swap and I'm really getting antsy to try them. Tight lines.
[signature]
I'm surprised you found it in your heart to give the critters a break![Tongue] I'm hopin' to haunt some waterfowl "real soon now". Give them a little early trick or treat if you know what I mean. Nice work on catchin' a few fish though.
[signature]
Glad to here some one is making good on my home water. I grew up in Mt. Green and use to do a lot of fishing between Peterson and the RR bridge. My buddy and i use to also go down and jump shoot duck this time of year on the weekends as well. That could be another good multi-species day a few Greeney's a Teal or two and a few trout.

Majja
[signature]
Do you have any permission?
[signature]
Not any more. My parents live up by the church there in Mt Green. I moved out of their in 91.
[signature]