Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berry windy 10-30
Fished the berry with my 9 year old grandson 10-31, wind from the get go. headed into the channel first thing in the morning to see if there was any ducks. headed down one of the bays and spooked up a nice flock of geese, they headed down over the hill. parked the boat and walked to my spot. only shot one good greenhead and missed the other two. the wind was just about howlling by now and I still had to get my boat off the shore. what a chore that was, the wind kept blowing us into shore before I could get my motor started. I had to throw my anchor out in front of us and pull the boat out and throw the anchor again, had to do these for a few times to get into deep enough water. that took about an hour, went looking for that mallard, no deal, he was long gone. didn't even want to try that again, we stayed in the channel and fished until noon and fought some 3 foot waves back to the marina, what a day that was. later chuck
[signature]
Sounds like a tough day Chuck. Good looking grandson and a nice Smile on him while holding that cutt. I believe that you meant to type 10-30 instead of 10-31.
[signature]
sounds like you had another adventure. how many fish did ya pick up?
[signature]
only caught 7 with 1 rainbow. ooops, yep your right Kent the date was 30th. he's my step grandson, this was his first trip out doing anything like this. it was an adventure for him, hope he's getting hooked. later chuck
[signature]