Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10/30 on the Berry
I am new to this site and the first day I read some of the reports on here of Strawberry I just new I had to make a trip down. So I read "N.E.T.O." report from a few days ago and decided to hit Mud Creek Bay. So a couple buddies and I packed up and left Monday morning and got out on the water around 730, not to cold, about 30. Once we made it into Mud Creek all we saw were fish rising all around us. We were vertical jigging at first with only a couple bites and a few "followers". I decided while the other two were jigging that I would throw on a silver spoon and try 'em out that way, two casts' later we had our first cutt in the boat (16"), three casts' later another cutt, so needless to say the other two quit jiggin', John threw on a silver and orange spoon and Dennis put on a Rainbow Rapala. John landed a nice 21" (very Fat) cutt, and Dennis hooked into a couple nice 20" cutts. No rainbows on the day!!! I think between the 3 of us we got 11 fish in the boat before the Hurricane blew us off the lake. All in All a great time and maybe taking another trip down this weekend. Anyother places on the berry I should know about? Will Post pictures once the wife gives me the camera back!!
J A K
[signature]
[black][size 3]Hey trout slayer,[/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Welcome aboard to BFT ! [/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Great looking fish ! You gotta love the the Berry ! Too bad about the afternoon hurricane - but, that is the Berry ![/size][/black]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Welcome to the board. Nice pic in the avatar, but WA-A-A-A-A-Y too big. I cropped it and downsized it for you and sent it as a Jpeg in an email to the address in your profile. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Avatar pics need to be no bigger than 100-150 pixels wide...even if you are beautiful.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If anyone is "pixel-challenged", send me the pic you wanna use and I will clean it up, crop it and downsize it for you.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Trout_Slayer,
Glad you made it up to the Berry! As you found out, when the wind blows, it is hard to jig properly.
The first time I went out with MGB, we picked a spot, anchored in and while MGB was getting his jigging outfit set up, I cast out a pre-setup kastmaster. The first or second cast I caught a fish...but it was only about 13 inches long! Probably the smallest fish I've ever caught out of Strawberry. MGB Smiled and said "The big fish are on the bottom."
I humbly put the kastmaster away and set up my jigging outfit and MGB and I KICKED BUTT the rest of the day jigging!
Both methods work, but I'll stick to jigging at Da'Berry!

Randy
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.
Thanks NETO for the advice, maybe this weekend wont be so windy and I will give that a shot.
J A K
[signature]
Hey now I am a fisherman not Bill Gates, I barely know how to turn the computer on, give me a little credit HAHAHA. Thanks TubeDude for the downsized picture, I will get that on here ASAP!!!
J A K
[signature]
Just testing this new picture TubeDude hooked me up with, hopefully it works.
Thanks again TD,
J A K
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Very nice fish. That is going to make a few drool.[laugh] When and where was it landed? (going with the weather and wind right now and the fact that you are wearing a T-Shirt, I am assuming it wasn't a recent trip, but you never know, there are a lot of you cold blooded creatures out there!)[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
It was landed in June of last year before I went to Iraq. It was at the Gorge on TarpinJim's Charter Trip. Thanks again for the great time Jim. Maybe I should take his advice and visit Linwood Bay at the Gorge this week and catch a bunch of Lakers before seasons end??? Who Knows!!!
J A K
[signature]
SWEET! thanks!
[signature]
June of '05 as I recall? With John M.? Glad to see you're back here doing some fishing. Weather forecast for here isn't too great for the weekend, but if the wind stays down, it should still be pretty good out there. Sounds like Strawberry is just as good though. Hmmm. Flip a coin. Better yet, hit 'em both. That would be a full weekend!
[signature]
Yep Jim, that trip was with Johnny Moe Great time!!! I talked with him today and I guess his dad and one of his friends were out "long lining" Rapala's out by Buckboard and between the two of them they scooped up 79 Rainbows, so the Gorge is sounding even more appealing!!! Guess we'll have to wait and see.
J A K
[signature]
Thanks for the report,and welcome to the site.I love Strawberry in the fall!My fave spot is Jakes bay(Chicken creek East)Going tommorow in my green pontoon.
[signature]
Good luck and let me know how you do for sure. Where are the other "Honey Holes" at? It seems as though anywhere you go on the 'Berry you are going to do well huh?
Thanks,
J A K
[signature]
Don't forget to use the ! symbol when you post a report.
[signature]
Welcome Bro................ Hook up with me sometime and we will slay the Trout..

Law
[signature]