Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber on Wednesday
Average trip for me: caught 3 rocks (biggest one around 2 tons I'd guess), 45 globs of moss, 2 trees, 1 wading shoe. Tried bh prince nymph, sowbugs, Barber scud, green caddis nymph, egg patterens, midge emerger, larva lace caddis nymph, yellow and partridge wet fly, spinners, jigs, and I actually caught a brown on a green and brown wooly bugger. I'm seriously considering a new hobby. Something easy -like quantum physics, advanced calculus, or maybe Chinese dialects of the 12th century.
[signature]
Hang in there bioman. We all have those days. One suggestions is not too throw everything including the kitchen sink at them. Just spend more time with the fly in or on the water and you'll probably end up catching a few more fish on those slow days. I don't know where you fished but my general rule is if you don't catch something in the first 30 to 60 minutes is try a new spot. I'll be taking my dogs out to one of my remote fishing spots again tomorrow before turkey dinner. I got to try to remember to bring my camera as I have never fished this area with anyone else.
[signature]
I agree with riverdog. do not change so much. If you are pulling up a lot of moss change the rigging: sinkers on the bottom fly 6 to 8 inches above and one 6 to 8 inches above that. you are useing the right bugs now just need to pick the right holes.
Adjust your rigging first before changing flys.
[signature]
Bioman, are you mending your line? Do you use a strike indicator?
These two things can make a big difference in catching fish.
Also use less weight if you are dragging the bottom alot.
Just keep at it and things will improve.
[signature]