Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield Report 12-4-06
The ice was 4-5 inches where we fished. It was good clear ice. Past the Dam in 22 feet of water. The fish were right on the bottom. We used small green jigs tipped with mill worms, wax worms, and night crwaler. The bite was real light.
I caught about 10 or so. Five big fat keepers 16 inches long. Excellent for us three. Tough for the others. Good Luck. Pikeman GO FISH
[signature]
Nice to meet you today Pikeman.

I showed up around 11:30 and fished the same area. Caught 5 and lost 2. Half a meally on a genz worm jig did the trick. Took 3 of them home for supper. First fish landed was a fat 18" rainbow and the rest were 14-16" rainbows. No tigers or cutts. Perfect day weather wise-- had to shed the coat and gloves. Left at 2:30.
[signature]
Nice report. Did you have any schools of the smaller planter bows come through today? On Saturday, they were a constant source of activity, even if they were usually on the small side.
See ya at Jordanelle in a few weeks.
[signature]
Nice report. Nice to see other places getting the ol cap in place.
[signature]
My son and I were there today also, we fished out from the dam about halfway down the arm and went out just past where it hits the main part of the res. I must have drilled 2 dozen holes looking for the honey hole but never found it. We decked 20 between the two of us and had several schools of the small ones come through and just nibble at our offerings, they were driving us crazy. We brought home 7 rainbow footballs around 15-16". We did have one tiger at the hole but he cut the line on the ice and off he went. We caught most on a white booger tipped with crawler. We caught several suspended around 12 feet, my marcum helped out a lot today. Not as fast as I was expecting but not bad.
[signature]
We had a lot of fun. The fishing wasn't fast and furious, but the fish were big and fat and very healthy. Glen gave most the details so I won't add any more. It was a fun day. Nice to meet ya scotty P sorry I didn't get to visit with you, but glen had to head home early so we didn't get to stay too long. Anyway it was a beatifull day on the ice. Thanks again glen,
jed
[signature]