Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ice fishing utah lake
[Smile]I fished Lindon boat Harbor today ice is four to five inches thick there no bites there. Went to American Fork boat Harbor caught one white bass. Ice there is only two inches thick.
[signature]
No way would I fish on 2" of ice!! You're more brave than I am.
[signature]
Hello lavaman, I guess I should of explained myself a little better at American Fork I didn't fish out on the ice I fished from the slips I to won't fish on two inches of ice.
[signature]
good man! It's gotta be at least 5" before I'll go out there lol
I know they say that 2-3" is safe, but you never know where the 'soft spots' are so to speak.

I used to fish AF harbor a lot, back when I lived down there...never through the ice though. You'll have to keep us informed.
[signature]
Sounds like the ice is fairly thick in the harbor. Were you on the ice in lindon? Or just from the docks? What do you use through the ice? I fish there in the summer in my tube, but never through the hard deck.
[Smile]Hello Matt. We were fishing on the ice at Lindon,out in the middle of the Harbor. We were fishing with rat finkes tipped with a meal worm. We didn't get any bites or see any fish on the finder.
[signature]
How about the pump house anyone catching any walleyes or crappie. Or anywhere else on UTAH LAKE.
[signature]
HEDDON SONARS KICK SOME TAIL WHEN ITS SOLID. IVE ALSO DONE GOOD WITH SMALL JIGGING RAPALAS IN PERCH.
[signature]