Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need help
hello fellow bfters. i need a little bit of help. my family and i are going to miami for a little vacation we are staying at Newport Beachside. we will be there at the end of may first of june and i cant decide what i want to catch. I am thinking peacock bass i hear they are awesome to catch. would it be good to get a guide? or would it be better to just go on my own and save a couple hundred dollars? What do you guys prefer me to do any suggestions would be helpful. but then i would like to catch some permits or snooks then the same on these species i am stuck of what to do what would the best times for the peacock bass to be going or the time of year. i have a medium action 5'6 ugly stick i am going to buy a new reel with 8 lbs vanish line i think that would be good. but again i am not sure the line might be to weak for a peacock. i hope all this makes sense thanks for all the help. pineviewfisher from utah
[signature]
since you are only going to be there for a few days, and you deffenantly dont have the equipment, go with the charter guide.

there is plenty of oppertunity for serf fishing and peir fishing.

from what I hear you need 25-30 lb test line, which means your rod and reel are probably not going to be big enough.

there may be a couple shops on the peirs for equipment rentals, but I dont realy know of any off hand.

if a fish is in season and bitting, a guide is your best bet to target a species of choice, no garentees, just much better odds.

In many cases the charterboat captian can take care of your license as well....
[signature]