Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's get it started!
Alright, a new place to talk hunting!!

So who is going this weekend and what are you after?

I will be chasing chukars with my two GSPs, the season is quickly coming to an end!

Rut
[signature]
Taking my bro-in-law up to our property on Saturday for a late season cow. Here's the cow that fish4fun05 got up there last weekend.
[inline "cow elk Jan[1]. 07 0121.jpg"]
[signature]
Well men looks like we have a new board. Thsi will be fun. I hunted a few ducks they other day but the cold has pushed most of them out of here.

Will be on BearLake this weekend (Saturday) and then getting all of my hunting permits applied for in Wyoming and Utah.

Looking forward to working with the great Bearclaw and co moderating the board.
[signature]
[black][size 3]Hey Bearclaw,[/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]That's a great photo of fish4fun05 - I got to meet him yesterday. [/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]He didn't bring me or the hounds a any of that cow steak though. [mad] Heck, he didn't even mention all that meat - But, I guess that really shouldn't surprise me too much.[/size][/black]
[signature]
[laugh]He's gonna need to have a few more kids in order to finish all that meat! By the way john, what did your wife and girls say when you got home Sunday night?
[signature]
Well, went up to the property to try and get my bro-in-law a cow elk. We hadn't been on the snowmobile for 10 minutes when we spotted a small herd bedded down only 75 yards from us. We had plenty of time to look each one over as they stood out of their beds and headed off. One well placed shot and my bro had knocked down his first elk. Congrats to him.. I sure enjoyed the experience. Picture is a little dark as all we had was a cell phone camera. Note the huge Smile on Matts face.[Wink]
[inline 4.jpg]
[signature]
Nice job on the elk! We went out after chukar, but only ended up getting cold and tired. Oh well, that's hunting!

Rut
[signature]
hey Chad,

Very nice. Were you able to use the sleds to drag her out?
[signature]
Hey mark, Yeah, we were able to cram about 80% of the elk inside a jet sled, the rest hanging outside the sled, and pulled her out with the snowmobile. That snowmobile has paid for itself already this year, now i gotta take it ice-fishing again.
[signature]
cool. Looks like a big ol gal.

I need to get one Has been a few years since I pulled the trigger. Freezer is elk less.
[signature]
[shocked]Elk-less! We're gonna have to try and do sumthin about that now aren't we mark[Wink]...
[signature]
One shot, meat in the pot....[Wink] I owe you a fishin' trip Chad. I'll send a PM.
[signature]
Well done. Great hunts and good to see folks happy while doin the herds some good too.[Smile] It ain't always about the inches.
[signature]