Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
yuba channel cats
I saw on the Doug Miller show last year a guy with a picture holding 6 cats from yuba and they were respectable fish. Does anyone know what's the best time and spots where to catch those kitties? I read that the best time is at night is that correct? Has anyone in our site caught any kitties out of yuba in the winter time? what is the best bait to use? [crazy]
[signature]
years ago i catch alot of cats out of yuba (18 1/4 lbs out of yuba) and gunnison res (26 1/2 lbs out of gunnison res) and the Seveir river (15 lbs out of the seveir) just below gunnison.. most of the time we were fishing summer at night.. but spring during the flooding in late may and the first of june.. we would get up in the inlet water and fish large cuncks of chub or carp ,sucker..and catch 10 to 15 fish a day all over 10 lbs.. but as i just moved back in oct last year i have not been able to go out after the big cats.. but i will as soon as the snow starts comeing off the mountains and flooding the inlet waters of yuba.. hope that helped

from the fuzzyfisher------------------- fish on dudes
[signature]
I havent done alot of kitty fishin, but the few times I have gone, uncooked shrimp has been deadly on cats. It is alittle more expensive than other cat baits, but it seemed to be worth the little extra to keep the line tight.
[signature]