Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pto. San Jose, Guatemala
Guatemala...Back and Firing on all cylinders!!!

Jan. 9th was the start of a fishing slump for the waters off Guatemala, and the search was on for the next mother load. The search took the Release, who was pleased to entertain Bill Boyce and his filming crew, to the outskits of our normal fishing area on the 10th of Jan. and for the ensuing couple of days. The mother
load was not to be found, in fact fishing got slower. Boyce's three days shoot saw 15 sails raised, 8 of which were caught on light tackle, down to 8lb test, and two marlin raised, one of which was a 225lb. Black which was caught on 20lb. test. Now, this my sound
like pretty good fishing to some, but our repeat clients understand that this is slow for Guatemalan standards. The slow fishing continued until Jan. 25th when the Intensity and Spindrift both returned to the dock raising over 20 sails a piece. I took this
opportunity to take my folks Bill and Barbara Sheeder fishing the next day, an opportunity that doesn't seem to come around as often as it could. Our half day of fishing ended with 12 releases, 3 of which came in the form of a triple which I came down off the bridge to help hook and catch along side my parents, GREAT DAY!!! The Canaso, Intensity, and Spindrift finished the day, all raising between 35 to 50 sails! YES!!! The fish ARE back! If you like to check out Bill Boyce's new show, and the footage shot on the Release, you can check it out on the xxxx , chanal. We will announce the airing date.

Tight lines,
Capt. Chris Sheeder
Release
Casa Vieja Lodge Inn
866-846-9121
[signature]
Great report Capt.!!! Keep the info comming. Sounds like the fishing is on fire over your way [cool]
[signature]
Thanks for the nice report Skipper and welcome to the BigFishTackle message boards.

It is always nice to know how the fishing is in other parts of the Americas as well as other parts of the world.

Please keep the great reports coming and enjoy your stay here.[cool]
[signature]