Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba
Just spent the day driving around Yuba looking for some open water. All you Ice folk will be happy to know it still has 10"-12." It looks like maybe a foot or two had melted during the last warm spell but nothing but hard water now.
Drove past Nine mile & up to PaliSade. Nothing but hard water. Guy fishing (ice) out on PaliSade. Went out and talked to him, he said it's been dead slow ever since the last storm went through.
Anyone hears of open still water, give me a PM. Thanks.
[signature]
how were the edges, last time I was there a couple of weeks ago the ice had melted back about four to five feet from the edge??
[signature]
A foot or two at most. I could see where it had melted back more during the past warming trend, but I'm thinking with this weather it's going to be 2-3 weeks before anything opens up down there.
[signature]
Hey TigerTrout it was me that you talked to at PaliSades and there was open water on the north end of nine mile but you did not want to get in the mud. The fishing down this way has ben slow, I think nine miles would be good but the ice does not look safe and I could not find a place to get on with out using a board to get on the ice. So today I will try nine mile out if the ice test ok when I get on it. And Tigertrout it was nice to met you and when the water gets open down here I will let you know.
[signature]
Digger, I play golf at PaliSade a few times a year and I always look at that lake and wonder about the fish. I have a pontoon boat and was wondering if there is good fly fishing on the lake. Let me know if it would be worth my time to tow my kick boat down next time and throw some buggers or tubes in there. Thanks for the help
[signature]
the new state record tiger trout was cought there last fall.. something like 10 lbs.. if i rember right!
[signature]
Chinook fly fishing can be great at both PaliSade and Nine Mile and yes if I were you I would give it a good try At both and the new state record tiger trout was 9.1 lbs and was taken buy the new park ranger there and should have been more but the guts was in the trash can for a day.
[signature]
Fergit Yuba ice fishin'!! I lost a dear friend in that avalanche on Cove Mt. last weekend. Went to his funeral in Richfield Thur. & on the way home stopped at painted rocks for a looksee. Ice is mush out as far as I could huck a 2-3 lb. rock & the ice is ahout 5 to 20 ft. from shore. Ah well, mebby next year when we can keep some perci.
[signature]
Anyone have word on Yuba yet?
Well once some of the ice is off you can target some of those big bows and maybe some pike. The pike are getting big and could close to shore. Tubing would be perfect right now no boats or water skiers on the res. [Wink]
[signature]