Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toyota and Nascar
I was just curious who thinks sticking Toyota in Winston Cup (nextel cup) racing was a joke. They are trying hard, but give me a break.

Now, Dale Jarrett ( the race car driver I use to pull for), has crossed over to the dark side. What do I do now? LOL [Tongue]

I remember back in the day when Davey Allison was cuttin' tail on the track, you had dedicated drivers then. You wouldn't see Dale Sr. jump in a ford for a few extra bucks.
[signature]
I think it stinks. Nascar is muscle born and bred for usa cars. I'm glad they are bring jobs to us, but nascar is AMERICAN. Come on Tony get it on this year. [cool]
[signature]
I dont like it ,but it is kinda funny that the Toyota is the only one of the cars made in the states,the others are in Mexico and Canada! Go Kasey[blush]9
[signature]
I remember Darrell Waltrip pointing that during the race. I also watched that special they had on M. Waltrip and his venture getting things going.

They may be built in the US, but they aren't made from American parts. But, which would you rather have? A car built in Canada with American parts, or a car built in the USA with japanese parts? LOL, we're screwed either way. [unsure]
[signature]
i am not a fan of toyota being in nascar,though it is the only one 100% made in the us,thats parts and assembly since the 70's,gm and ford come from parts made in mexico,china,canada,and not all are assembled in the us.our industrial nation is gone,we are just a service nation now,want to take a trip?i think over time toyota will come around,just like dodge did when they came back
[signature]