Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
litter on the Provo
When I did my report on the provo I forgot to mention something that caught my attention. Balloon's out numbered Beer bottles on the shores. small bright colored balloons all along the river. Not to say that the litter was bad it was actually rather clean on the shores for a river with that much traffic on it. Besides being unsightly, I am conserned for the fish. It is well known that fish are optomistic feeders and will try anything that resembles food. These balloons are the right size and their bright colors are attractive for the fish to test. Corn has been banned to fish with because they can not Digest it and it clogs their digestive system. Balloons may cause some problems to the fish. For those that use Balloons as strike indicators please don't disgard the used indicators on the shores.
[signature]
Let us always do our best to keep our rivers and streams clean and beautiful for many more years of great trout fishing. Pass it on better than you found it and you will catch bigger healthier fish!!
[signature]
THe Sad thing is its cheap and easy and some people think it won't hurt anything and they aren't going to bend over and pick it up. they'll just keep fishin Maybe the F&G will prohibit them one day
[signature]