Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cocoa beach report
[center][font "Times New Roman"][#000080][size 5]Don Ray Internet Studio [/size][/#000080][/font][/center] [center][font "Times New Roman"][#000080][size 5]Click on this picture to register to win a free print[/size][/#000080][/font][/center] [center][url "http://rd.bcentral.com/?ID=624044&s=24058622"][img]http://www.indianriveradventures.com/doug's/pic's/playinblues2_small.jpg[/img][/url][font "Arial"][size 5]
[/size][/font]
[/center] [center][font "Times New Roman"][#0000ff][size 5][url "http://rd.bcentral.com/?ID=624043&s=24058622"]www.donraystudio.com[/url][/size][/#0000ff][/font][/center] [left][#312c98][size 5]Flats Report[/url] for the Banana River[/size][/#312c98][/left]

[#312c98]3/09/2003 Flats fishing report for the Titusville & Cocoa Beach area. By Capt Doug Blanton[/#312c98]

[#312c98]Scott Young..... you are the winner of my march half day trip give a way....[/#312c98]

[#312c98]For the past few weeks fishing had been real slow. I usually spend a few months in the Indian River near Titusville during the winter due to the fishing being a little better there in the winter and the power plants almost always holding schools of ladyfish and jacks in the mornings. The redfishing ways great up there for about 2 weeks. We put some nice fish in the boat and even straitened a few hooks on larger fish. Unfortunately everyone else found these same fish and they became a little skittish. So, late February I moved back to my home waters in Cocoa Beach but the bait was thin at best. We did manage a few trout up to 8 lbs and a a few reds but it was some hard fishing. It seamed as though the wind was never going to lay down and the bait was never going to come in. [/#312c98]

[#312c98]This week that all changed. Schools of bait started showing up in go numbers and close behind them was what I knew was going to show up, redfish in schools up to 100, trout up to 8 lbs and jacks. This is by far my favorite time of the year. Within the next few weeks we should see snook along the shoreline at first light. Tarpon starting to move into the canals. large schools of ladyfish and jacks busting bait in the channel and occasional pompano just to mix things up a little. [/#312c98]

[#312c98]Over the next few weeks we should begin to see a few small schools of Bull reds feeding on the outer edge of the flats. These fish can be a lot of fun but are one of the hardest fish to tease into striking a lure. Over the past few years we have put a few reds up to 56 inches in the boat. [/#312c98] [left][#312c98]Next week in addition to my regular report I will post my tips for sight catching fish in skinny flat water. [/#312c98][/left]

[#312c98]For more information on Flats fishing with Capt. Doug [url "http://rd.bcentral.com/?ID=624045&s=24058622"][#0000ff]click here[/#0000ff][/url][/#312c98]

[#000080][size 5][/url]Flats Report for Melbourne and Sebastian Area [/size][/#000080]

[#000080]2/21/03 report for Sebastian area flats by Capt. Terry[/#000080] [left][size 3][#ff0080] [/#ff0080][/size][#000080][size 3]The fishing on the Lagoon is starting to pick up. Bait fish are showing on the flats and the deeper edges are holding good numbers of smaller size trout. I have found the water temps starting to get into the high 60's and even 70 the last few days. It shouldn't be long for the topwater bite to start producing a bite in the morning hours and the Snook should be out prowling around for their hungry appetite since the cold winter is behind us once again. This past couple of days have produced larger than normal Jack Crevelle in the 5-6 LB size and some small Snook as well. Spring is near and the fishing is only going to get better and better as the days start to warm.
The Stickmarsh has produced some Hawgs this past week as well. My client on Tuesday boated a big gal that was full of roe on a bubblegum colored Senco worm, she weighed in the 9lb.range.Several other guided parties have produced some big fish as well with a 14lbr.as the biggest. This new moon phase should to produce some impressive weights and the upcoming March full moon should be dynamite.

TIP OF THE WEEK
Try not to focus to much on the area of your last cast. What I mean by this is always have a roaming eye on the close surrounding waters for signs of feeding fish or bait being chased down. Once sighting these areas make several casts into and around as more than likely a bite will happen. [/size][/#000080][/left]

[#312c98]For more information on fishing with Capt. Terry [url "EasyDays/index.html"][#0000ff]click here[/#0000ff][/url] [/#312c98]
[signature]