Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone fish Diamond Fork (sp fork canyon)
I drive by this river alot and wonder what it holds. I am going to give it a try this year, just wondering if anyone here fish'es it much, if so what are some patterns or technigues that you have found productive.

Thanks.
[signature]
I used to fish diamond fork about 20 times a year mostly in the fall and then in June when other places were still having run off. It had many browns 16 - 18 inches and an occasional 20 + inch fish. However last year my fishing their was slower than normal so after awhile I started fishing other Spanish Fork tributaries more in it's place. They did poison upper Diamond Fork above 3 Forks with rotenone and I have to believe it had some affect on the stream below there as well. Either that or the fish just got wise to me. May be someone else had a different experience last year they can comment on but that's mine. They planted Bonneville Cutts above 3 Forks and it is closed this year. If you give it a try stick to nymphing. I like size 10 to 12 bh prince nymphs as well as big stone fly nymphs in early June. I did also have some luck with streamers in the fall. I don't know anyone that ever consistently caught big fish there on dries.
[signature]