Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flies
Okay, when you guys and gals are not out fishing the WEBER, LOGAN, OGDEN, etc. We have a place in the General Fly Fishing and Tying for freshwater flies.
I need you tiers to post some of you favorite flies (pictures and instructions would be great)
Those dang Saltwater guys are always busy on theirs, lets see what you use on Freshwater[cool]
[signature]
[black][size 3]Hey FG,[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]That is a great idea.[/size]
[size 3]Why don't you start it off by showing what you have done with some of that Pseudo material.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]I understand that it was shown quite a bit at the IF show.[/size]
[signature]
[black][size 3]Here's an olive damsel that I use for stillwater. It has been quite productive for me mid-summer.[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[signature]
I use the same one but I found a new pattern that is killer that I am hoping to get my assment of.
Head to Scofield this weekend Saberfish.
[signature]
Here's a few others that I use for stillwater fishing.
They are a BH mohair leach, an untitled strawberry fly, and a bunch of skinny killers
[signature]
[#800040]NICE. I am tying a bunch of Mohair Blood leeches right now. Using Mylar under body and wrapping loose.[/#800040]
[signature]
[black][size 3]Hey FG,[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Are you and I the only two tiers interested in this topic?[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Or maybe we're the only two tiers.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]I would think that anyone with an interest in fly fishing or tying would be interested in an exchange of patterns and related information.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Do we pursue the subject, or just let it die?[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[signature]
I just think every one is out using their flies[laugh]
I posted the patterns from this weekend on the General Freshwater Fly Fishing board, cause these work anywhere, not just Utah.
[signature]
Here are some that I use occasionally. I know, I know, they look like crapWink
[signature]
Like Crap? yea right.

I'm familiar with your flies from various Internet sites, Cheech, and I haven't seen any that are any better.

Some of your flies belong in a window box, not on the end of a leader, they are great, with lots of detail. I wish mine were as exact.

Thanks for posting the pictures, look forward to seeing more of them.
[signature]
[reply]Like Crap? yea right.

I'm familiar with your flies from various Internet sites, Cheech, and I haven't seen any that are any better.

Some of your flies belong in a window box, not on the end of a leader, they are great, with lots of detail. I wish mine were as exact.

Thanks for posting the pictures, look forward to seeing more of them.[/reply]

Thanks for the kind words. I admit some of those are more "show flies" than flies that I fish a lot. When it comes down to it, I like to fish easy to tie / effective patterns. Like these. The Jack O' Lantern isn't a very good fly, but gets a rise out of you.
[signature]
Those are great.

Really like that "no hackle" jack O'lantern, it's a RINGER.
[signature]
Great Flies TD. I agree that the ones I use most are basic simple flies, but I have to tie for myself, Hubby and Brother in-law so the easier the better.
Cheech can you post some flies in the GENERAL Portion. These flies work in more states than just Utah. Keep posting here but share the beauty.[laugh]
See you at the Utah Fly Tying expo.
[signature]
Hey Saber and FG please keep it up. Between 50 hrs a week at work, baseball for jr. the yard ,trying to make time to fish, and a total inability to post a stinkin picture on the net, you guys rock........... thank you much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FLOATFLIPPER.
[signature]