Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
thursday fishing club Willow Pond
Ahhh, the sun was out there was a slight north breeze. the geese and ducks were all about there were kids having fun on the shores of willow this fine april afternoon/evening all we needed was fish, there were none caught by any kid in the club. I didnt even see any being caught, except the two dink blue gills my kids caught out of my desperation.
since we were not catching fish we cleaned up some trash around the area we fished, man if i could get paid to recycle fish line i would retire tomorrow with what we lifted out of willow tonight.

then after that the kids got a lesson in Mac Guyver fishing. I popped some reeds outta the mud and tied some line to the ends bout 4 feet each, tied the smallest hooks i could lay my worm gut covered hands on to the end of line, afixed a 1/4 worm to each hook and told the kids to lay them worm peices on the edge of the weeds 3 feet out BINGO!!! bluegills rushed and tugged the baits and two kids managed to hook a gill on a cain pole. after that revelation they literally reeled in the "regular" poles and started beatin the gills outta the weeds the biggest one fit in the palm of my hand with room for a second next to it but the kids got challenged to think differently on how to get some fish. and they won. they even re-used the line they gathered and tiny hooks out of the trash they picked up.

not what i wanted for the day, but i am happy with what i got out of fishing class tonight.
the lesson before fishin was equipment, rod, reel, line, lure types.
stay tuned till next week.....laters.
[signature]