Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BLOWN AWAY
[pirate][pirate][pirate] PHIL, NEIL & BILL, some of my regulars, drove in from Mobile, AL for a day of trout catching but mother nature had other plans. We left Shell Beach and headed down the ship channel for some gas wells in open waters of the sound and as we approached the rock jetties at the end the wind was ripping over 25 knots and white caps were building, the water was dirty and rain clouds were moving in. This is a disaster waiting to happen because with tough conditions like these your chances are slim. Told them we should end it right then but they wanted to give it a try for a while. We ran around looking for clean water, nada, lee shorelines, nada but I saw a little patch of stained water along the rocks so we gave it a try and on his first cast Bill hooked up on a nice 3 lb. trout and the guys blood started flowing as Phli and Neil were in the water in a flash. Before long Phil was on and another nice 3 lb. trout hit the box. Bill was on again but this time it was a huge sail cat and not to be outdone Neil finally hooked up and a small trout hit the box. More catfish and small trout and then the bite was over so we moved again looking for another bite but it wasn't to be so we called it a day early after checking out a few more places and after we got back in the guys booked another date in June to try again. I only charged them for gas and sent them on their way but they gave me a generous tip for giving it a good try which was greatly appreciated. We'll git um next time!! ANOTHER GREAT DAY IN THE BLAZER BAY.

CAPT. HOOK / "TEAM ESCAPE"

985 847 0672....H
504 512 2602....CEL
[signature]
Nice job on getting some fish on board but man those conditions were not in your favor. Better luck next time and keep those reports coming.[cool]
[signature]
You only charged them for gas? That makes you better than about 90% of the guides on the water. I thank you for representing us in such a positive way. I guarantee all my charters and to date nobody has made a cast and then gone for free, but there have been a few where we get out 10 miles and I call it quits and return to port at no charge. I believe my clients are spending hard earned money and should get every pennys worth. Glad to see there is someone else who takes pride in his work.[Smile]
[signature]
Thanks Capt. Joe, I'm sure that there are many guides who put a client before his wallet. I've always thought that if it were me that was taking the charter how would I want to be treated in certain situations by the guide. I to guarantee fish but I want to be sure that the client is satisfied with the trip and the catch, some guys expect more fish than others, but I find that most of the time it's not how many fish that are in the box but the quality of the trip. If you work hardest when the going is tough that is all a client will expect and will be satisfied with the outcome no matter how it turns out. Knowing what your client expects, especially your regulars, can help make many a successful trip and many more re-bookings.[Smile]
[signature]