Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green R.-Mem. day weekend.
Floated the Green below Taylor Flat Friday and Saturday. No hatch or rising fish, but lots of 14-22 inch browns, on black "anythings." Buggers, deceivers, zonkers--anything dark and ugly stripped downstream. It wasn't pretty, but was highly efective. Water was clear. No wind.

But the biggest catch of my weekend . . .

After floating in my pontoon, the wife suggested that we "needed" a drift boat. So Sunday, I went to Pinedale and bought "her" a used 16-foot Slide Rite! I sold a similar one several years ago, so now I'm back to rowing the "family wagon" down the rivers on summer weekends!
[signature]
Cool[cool]
[signature]
Nice to see you take a break from the gorge on occasion. It's been a year since we went fishing with you for Lakers. We need to book another time to hook some of the big boys. I hooked one of my biggest rainbows ever stripping black buggers on the Green. I was stripping back after a drift and got hammered. It was a big fat 24 incher. I have not been on the Green for some time now. Is Taylor Flat below Little Hole? I like the B section better that the A myself. Thanks for the report

Jared
[signature]
Taylor Flat is the take-out for the B float. Below there is considered C section. Fewer trout and fewer boats.
[signature]
A DRIFT BOAT IS A NICE CATCH. YOUR WIFE ROCKS!!!! TELL I SAID SO.LOL GLAD YA HAD SOME TIME FOR YOU FOR A CHANGE. NOW GET TA WORK PUTTIN A 40 UP. LOL NEXT WEEK WILL BE IT.
[signature]
I had a 40 today--IF it had only eaten one more Kokanee before we caught it!
[signature]
Is there access down in that area ? To put Toons on and retrieve by vehicle ?
[signature]
A long, rough, slippery dirt road in from either Vernal or the Wyo. side of Flaming Gorge. Once to the river, there are two campgrounds with access, and a couple of two-tracks that lead to the water. Further down river, there's access below Swallow Canyon and at Swinging Bridge, just upstream from the Colorado border. Shuttles from Little Hole are around $100, or you can do your own, but plan on around an hour driving each way from Little Hole to Brown's Park, more if it rains. To do that, you need to put your gear in at Little Hole, drive 2 vehicles to the take-out, drive one vehicle back to Little Hole, do the float, and drive back to Little Hole when you're done for the first vehicle.

This is why most people float Dam to Little Hole! And, the lower sections have fewer trout per mile. But, fewer fishermen per mile too!
[signature]