Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Fishing Buddy is here
I had forgot how much fun new PUPPIES were! NOT![mad]
He is driving me crazy tonight, he will not go to sleep and is excercising his lungs for sure....
Anyway, Baxxter is here:
[inline "Baxxter is here 3.jpg"]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Hey there Flygoddess - glad to see that you got yourself a new baby. I remembered when I brought home my little Elkhound how she wined & cried all night being locked up in the kitchen She was okay just so long as I sat next to the baby gate which kept her from messing up the house. Then I hit upon the idea of leaving my bathrobe draped over a chair next to the gate. Wala. She was content knowing that I was close by or at least my scent was. Didn't wash that robe until she was house broken.[Tongue] Good luck with Baxxter a real cutey.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
..now he is a handsome little guy.. love the eyes.. that is the part that always get me... lol.. how is Elvis handling the new addition.. I hope Baxter will be a good playmate for Elvis.. anyway...congrats.. now I am jealous..lol...

MacFly
[signature]
Your new fishing buddy is cute but I think that his hair is just a little short to be harvesting for fly tying.[Tongue]
[signature]
I bet a velcro type lint remover will pick up that dubbing off the dogs bed. The color moddling will make some great flies. will not have any guard hairs though.
[signature]
Thanks all. I have not raise a young puppy for at least 25 yrs. Even Elvis was a little older when he joined us. Plus Elvis was not a chewer.
The official spelling for him now will be BAX-STER. at least on his papers. So sweet when he came home and that is the picture you see, I will have to take another one now that his little devil horns are out. HE EATS EVERYTHING! A small leaf in the driveway, the rugs in the house. He is going to be living in the KENNEL for awhile, I can tell you that.
Elvis walks up to smell him a lot, but other than that ELVIS is still ELVIS. Thank god his hearing is gone so he doesn't have to listen to him all night.
They were just curled up together, so I think we are good.
[signature]
see..slowly they are becoming buddies.. maybe Elvis will help you teach this youngster what can and cannot be done in your house.. course.. Bax_Ster could remind Elvis how much fun it is to do puppy things.. [laugh]

MacFly
[signature]
I think he has enough whiskers that you could tie a couple of Streamers on a #12 or 14 hook. If you need more than that,then I think you could get one more set from the eyebrows.[cool]
[signature]
.. .now why would anyone want to mess with that puppies cute face...lol

MacFly
[signature]
Just wait till you start tying your own flies. You will find out that the materials cost almost as much as a tank of gasoline. That means alot in SoCal.

Hair is Hare! Don't matter much where it comes from. I have a Pomeranian and a Miniature Pincher.

The Pom seems to avoid me more when I pull out a pair of scissors for some reason[img]../../../../images/gforum/cool.gif[/img]
[signature]
good Lord if materials are that expensive I may have to rescend my birthday order to my wife.. lol.. now all I have to remember is that when we meet up if you pull out a pair of scissors Im running the other way...lol...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Don't worry about the scissors with me. I have learned to be careful with sharp objects around strangers.[cool]
[signature]
[size 1]Don't worry about the scissors with me. I have learned to be careful with sharp objects around strangers[/size]
---------------
I would be REALLY worried about anybody in the land of Fruits and Nuts that says that.
[signature]
good luck with the Pup flygoddess!

Just remember 1 thing when training Bax - consistancy in everything! ... commands should be the same words no matter who speaks them.

pardon .. just wanted to toss a little help your way [Wink]

good luck with the little guy! He's a cutie!
[signature]
[reply]
[size 1]Don't worry about the scissors with me. I have learned to be careful with sharp objects around strangers[/size]
---------------
I would be REALLY worried about anybody in the land of Fruits and Nuts that says that. [/reply]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]You can say that without worry. Here in Leftifornia if we said that we could be arrested for a hate statement. And if we were smoking at the time they would throw the key away.[Sad][/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
birddogwi, thanks for the input. It has been a long time so any suggestion will be most welcomed.
So far he has learned how to go out the front door by himself and I made a small ramp off the porch for him that even Elvis seems to like.
I have to share this one with you guys. Last night, Baxster came running through the house and then jumped in Elvis's Snuggle Ball (Elvis's is by the front door and Baxter's is by the computer)
Elvis walked up and sniffed him the did a couple of circles, then sniffed him again. He did this about three times and finally just crawled into the snuggle ball and layed right on Baxter. Baxter slithered out and went and layed in his. I guess Elvis told him who is boss.[laugh]
[signature]
now that is funny....[laugh]

MacFly
[signature]
lol but its okay to be a rich heiress with a "rash" who tries to get out of jail free... but wait.. the mean judge says.. get your butt back in the slammer and she cries.. MOMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY..
[laugh][laugh]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
FG you just made my day... [laugh].. I told you Elvis would let the new guy know who is boss.. and it looks like he is willing to do it in a nice way... wish I could of seen little Baxster wiggling out from under Elvis.. hopefully this relationship will be good for both.. Baxster to learn right and wrong and Elvis to feel younger....

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Hey there MacFly nobody said that anyone who tied their own flies would be saving any money. Since I started tying last year I have already invested over $600 on equipment & material. It seems like I never have the right material when I want to tie a new fly or so. Thus I have learned to improvise. One thing that I have discovered is that places like JoAnns, Micheals etc sell material at half the price that you will find at the Fly Fishing outlets. One thing that still confuses me is that when someone says go tie one on do they mean tie a fly or have several martinis. LOL[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]