Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smallies
Went back to the new river and tried a different part that I have not been on. The water was a little deeper and slower so it did give us more time to fish. It was a 4 1/2 mil. trip and not to bad of a trip. The water was a little stain not as clear as you would like it. The temp was warm enough to swim. I hooked about 8 , same as last time and I missed 3 or 4. 2 which did feel of good size. Its not saltwater but I just want to show I am fishing until I make it back down. [Wink]
[signature]
Tarpon4me , if you are serious about a N.C. trip we can make some kind of arrangements.
[signature]
Hey T-Bone, I am definately serious about a trip. I'd like to bring my son up there for some bass'in action, or trout, or what ever is biting. It'll be later on towards the end of summer or fall before I can do it, but i'm definately serious about it. What did you have in mind?
[signature]
[url "http://www.canoeingthenew.com/"]www.canoeingthenew.com[/url] This is something you may fine of some intrest. Here is where I go. If you would like to camp it seems to be a great place too. Its right on the bank of the river and all shaded. For the kids it has a small playground but yours may be more into fishing. You can set at your campsite and fish. If I see it right there are cabins also. You can check things out on this web site.
[signature]
I took a trip on the new river about 15 years ago up in WV. I think I caught more smallies in two days than I have the rest of my life on that trip. That river is an awesome fishery.
[signature]
I'v been to W.V. part of the river but it was not to fish it was to see people jump off a brige. The water below was a class 5 or better. I have hard there was some great fishing for smallies the more north of where I go and are larger in size. Any way the ones I have hooked are fun. I went yesterday(Sunday 24th) and just wated out from the bank and hooked 5 in about 45min. They were not of keeping size but man they fight on light tackle.
[signature]
That's what i'm talking about, some light tackle action. I've got ultra light spinning tackle with 10lb super braid on it. I bet that would be a blast with those little guys. Oh, and by the way, I would have jumped in on this one sooner, but i've been off the boards for a while due to some personal issues. But, i'm hoping to have all that taken care of here in the next week or so. Bare with me guys. [Smile]
[signature]