Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bore sighting new rifle
Sighting in your expensive new deer rifle

1. Shiny new, high-powered deer rifle..$1200.00

2. Quality, high-powered scope...$ 550.00

3. Bore sighting device....$ 140.00

4. Hospital Visit.....$ 4,893.00

5. Forgetting to remove the bore sighting device prior to shooting?

Priceless !

In Darwin 's book, the score:
Deer 1
Hunter 0
GAME OVER
[signature]
[crazy]Ouch! Stupid hurts. Thanks for sharing Pat. Where did ya come across that?
[signature]
i hate to say it but if he was that careless at the range i would hate to be on the same hill side as him on the hunt i always double and tripple check all my guns before i shoot thanks for sharing that i am going to shaow that to my two boys
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Got it in an email...a "DEER JOHN" letter. Ha.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
That can't be good.
[signature]
I saw that one awhile back..... I still can't believe how it split and peeled back the barrel like that. Crazy. [laugh]
[signature]
Dang that hurts.
[signature]
[font "Lucida Console"][#ff4040]That's definitely going to hurt!![/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
You should send that to Mythbusters. I was watching it a while back and they were trying to get a gun to "bananna peel" by sticking things in the barrel. They got it to seperate and bulge, but the "busted" the idea that a gun will peel back like a banana like it does in cartoons.
[signature]
That's funny! No, not really. That is a serious mistake.
I was at Horseshoe bend sighting a rifle a few years ago and there were 2 younger gentleman shooting a muzzleloader right next to us. After 3 or 4 shots from them we heard a huge explosion and a blood curdling scream! I looked over to see pieces of action and stock imbedded in the face of one of them. Evidently he(and the other) had not told each other it had been loaded already(talking on a cell phone when they should have been paying att. to the situation at hand). Ambulance was called and that is all i heard. Stupid is as stupid does. Please be careful with firearms.[mad] I don't want the recieving end of a careless mistake...
[signature]