Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
24 volt starting system.
I need some help!! I took my boat apart to figure out some wiring problems and just happened to make more for myself. I managed to figure out most of problems except I didn't label my battery wires when I disconnected them. So can someone tell me how they are supposed to be reconnected. There is only one red wire and three black.
[signature]
If you have one 24 volt battery, you only have two wires to conted with.

follow the wires back to the motor, one is mounted to the side of the motor and the other is hooked up to the starter motor.

the wire hooked to the side of the motor is your negitive or ground wire.

the wire hooked up to your starter motor is your hot or positive.

You can look at your battery to see which one is is which.

If you are working with two battries you will have a jumper wire between the two battries...
[signature]
I moved this over to fishing boats board so you will get more responces.

here is a couple post on 24 volt systems you may want to look at.

[size 1]24 volt system using 2 - 12 volt batteries [/size]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1]Electric Motors 24 volt system[/size]
[signature]
what make is the boat and motor,99 % of the time red is positive,black is negative
[signature]
Thanks I figured it out. I have one of those perko battery switches and there was 3 black wires and one red that went to the batteries. My problem now is my oil injection.
[signature]
[black][size 3]Hey Dave,[/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]If those references in your last post were supposed to be links, they don't appear to be working.[/size][/black]
[signature]
thanks, I will have to see what I did with them, they were links to a couple other post with the same topic that had the answers...

it took me a while to find them last time, and then I forgot to add the links to the words...

They say when you get old, the memory is the second thing to go, Dont ask me what the first was, I dont seem to remember that either...[blush]
[signature]
lol,dave, your too much[Smile][Smile][cool][cool]
[signature]