Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
finally found some fish in Santa Monica
I've been skunked the last 4 times out so I've been dying to catch some fish. I was writing a paper at Borders when my friend calls me to tell me that he hooked into a legal looking halibut (didn't have a measure) with a swimbait right by my house in Santa Monica. I couldn't believe it! It was around 3:00pm when I got his call so I packed up my stuff and walked home. I made it out around 4pm and he told me that he hadn't caught anything else and that he was going home. I threw a swimbait around for an hour and a half and all I got were perch hits that didn't connect. I decided to try something different and put on a 3" motoroil grub on a 1/2oz lead head. I immediately hooked into a hand sized perch. Over the next hour I caught a good fighting yellowfin croaker (10") and another small perch. Nothing spectacular but it was sooooo nice to finally pull on some fish after a long dry spell. It was a beautiful day to be out there!

Tom
[url "http://www.tacklethief.com"]www.tacklethief.com[/url]
Hey Master667,

Congrats on busting the dry spell! Hey, I saw your TackleThief.Com hat in one of your photos, up to trading a BFT hat for a TT hat? If so shoot me an email with your address and I'll send it out.
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
I'd love to trade hats Mike. Unfortunately there is only 1 TT hat in existence and it's on my head. We're not as big as BFT ya know? Wink I'll be sure to send you one if I ever get some made though...
[signature]