Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michigan Bear
The new Michigan bear hunting guide application book is out.
Application period is from april 15 - may 15
don't forget to get in. You may be lucky this year.
[signature]
our take on bear is low here , seeing one is rare but not uncomon . i would sugest the u.p. but if you only have weekends i can scout a few areas i have seen them . (s.e. corner of roscomon and n.e. gladwin county . ) about a three hour trip for you . have a camper and tree stands you can use too . i can get plenty of free grease for a baitpile , but day-old baked goods are hard to come by up here .

i have pased on a sow and her cubs year before last ( were of legal size but not the way i hunt ) , but there has been one rouge male put down by the dnr and three others poisened by locals , alol within ten miles of my house .

i'll be puting in for the u.p.
[signature]
hi guys i take it you have to buy stamps to hunt them// i know we got plenty of bear on my mountain.don,t see em that often but they cut down past my house to the brook and then back on the mountain at night i see their footprints quite a bit around the back of the house. when i use to ride my ponies out thri shedsville, i could tell easily when one was around cause bombfire would tell me. haha real quick. haha our tags come with our deer huntin liicence. i gues cause there aren,t that many taken a year in vermont. maybe 300 in the whole state. no one hunts em round our area. mt. ascutney. my husband use to hunt over in the adirondacs in new york for bear and one got so he got shot at by so many hunters i guess he got sick of it and cahsed don up the tree. haha wish he,d of kept him there permanently hahaha[Smile][Wink][laugh]
[signature]
i've never had one tree me before , but i didn't have a tree to get to in time either ! i have had several run ins with bears here in the woods , most the time they must have thought i was to skinny for even a snack . there were two bears i have run into before that wanted to play a bit of " who's woods are these " , i was ready to pull a daniel boone on them , give them a city stomping . they growled and stomped there front paws , i yelled and cused them right back . they turned around and left , i turned around and checked my shorts ! LOL !

I'LL SEE IF I CAN'T GET YOU A PICTURE OF A BEAR TODAY .
[signature]
Have you guys seen our new hunting site?

[url "http://www.theoutdoorlodge.com"]www.theoutdoorlodge.com[/url]

[url "http://www.theoutdoorlodge.com/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.cgi?s=3eb56b8a6e9dffff;act=SF;f=45"][#000033]Other Big Game Hunting[/#000033][/url]
Discuss other big game such as antelope, bear, boar, buffalo, exotics, mountain lion, moose, and more.
[signature]
i tried replyin on yours back to me it didn,t work so had to do it on mine. hahaha check your shorts hahahaha yeah i magine!!! me too!1 i would of. too bad ya couldn,t come up here and hunt these on my mountain. i,ve lived on it since i was 8 years old. been every side up it down it, rode my snowmobiles my ponies went huntin and fishin on it toolk the dogs i don,t believe i,ve ever seen a prettier mountain. actually it,s a old volcano. i,be gone huntin in what we call the bowl. lota turkeys up there. my house is on the foot of it,. there,s a river runnin under my house way down under. we had to drill our well 270 ft down under the ledge. i had a fun time puttin that pump in. haha but good water.the bear that chased me down the mountain in ascutney was feein on herms calves he was so old cause he couldn,t fend for himself much anymore that sucker was huge!!!!!!!1 the fat was rollin right off him though. i found where he,d malled a deer. and saw where he,d marked his territory. that sucker weren,t gonna put up with my hollerein at him. haha he stopped at the edge of the pasture. thank god. haha anyways i ,d love to see pictures. i,ve had bear meat once and it was either the way they cut it or it was an old bear cause boy was it tought grissly.so i guess i don,t know if i,d hunt em unless i was out deer huntin and had one come onto me. there,s no sence of shootin it if i,m not gonna use it, that,s what i figure. well cath up with ya later mare
[signature]
HEY GUY, WHY,D THEY PUT HIM DOWN?? CAUSE HE WAS GITTIN TOO CLOSE TO HOUSES AND PEOPLE?? AND POISONED EM. WHY?? THAT,S WEIRD[Sad] NOBODY COULD USE THE MEAT?? WATEFUL SOUNDS LIKE> LATER
[signature]