Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
record brown
posted this on the idaho board thaught you califorians might like it. FG and MOJO will probably come visit me now. its the only way to get them up here, besides my cookin

[url "http://www.localnews8.com/Global/story.asp?S=7340515"]http://www.localnews8.com/Global/story.asp?S=7340515[/url]

A fisherman from Ashton has a new state record brown trout. He caught it in Ashton Reservoir. The fish is 27 pounds and 37 inches long.
"Well, this is an amazing fish story, you don't catch a fish that's 27 pounds everyday. In fact you don't catch them in a lifetime," said Wes Case, brown trout record holder.
Case has been fishing since he was eight years old, and he knew there were some big fish out there, but he didn't know there were any that big. He reeled in trout on November 6th.
"I knew it was over 20 pounds because anytime you can hold a fish up to your waist, and the tail is still on the ground, that means it's a pretty big fish," said Case.
If he could name it, Case says he'd call it Monster. He fought Monster for one hour on the shore before reeling him in on an eight pound test line.
"I could see the size of the fish and I just about lost my jaw, because it was so huge. I didn't have a net, I had to find a place where the water came up to the shore, so I could lead it up to the shore," said Case.
Once he got it on shore he couldn't believe his eyes.
"I just sat there and looked at it in awe for ten minutes," he said.
Most fisherman might be wondering what in the world did this man use to catch this size of fish, and where was he on the Ashton Reservoir, all he would tell Local News 8 was he caught it with bait.
When Case took his state record brown trout to the taxidermist, they cut it open and found two other partially digested rainbow trout, both about 12 inches long.
The previous brown trout record was set in 1981, and was 26 1/2f pounds.
Fish and Game biologists say the state record fish was at least 10 or 11 years old.
[signature]
[center][font "Pristina"][green][size 4][cool]All that I can say is WOW![/size][/green][/font][/center] [center][font "Pristina"][green][size 4]Thanks for sharing this story with us.[/size][/green][/font][/center]
[signature]
[black][size 3]And you wondered why we wanted to retire in Ashton[Wink][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]To be honest, I didn't even know there was a lake by the same name, but I love the town.[/size][/black]
[signature]