Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I almost hit a moose this morning
So I was on my way to work this morning. On the 2 lane highway coming into the town I work in. About 1/4 of a mile before the town actually starts, here comes a bull moose trotting out of the ditch crossing the hwy 100 feet in front of me. It was close to the point where I had to hit my brakes hard and go into the other lane. First time this has happened to me in a couple of years.
[signature]
Glad you were able to miss it. that could really jack things up. M.H.
[signature]
I offer my deapest and sincerest opoligies, I shoud have warned every one that they released my mother in law for the anual holiday feast...[shocked]

Glad you missed it, them things are worst than volks wagons, being thay is top heavy... woulldnt want to tackle one not even with a hummer, a sherman maybe [crazy]

I have yet to see one in the wild, seen them in cages... seen a few antlers hanging in a few moose lodges.

gotta love nature, and yep it pays to always be prepaired to stop...

do you even have a moose season in Minn?
[signature]
Dave,

There is moose hunting in certain zones in MN. You can't hunt them where I live. Moose license rules are odd here, you can only get one moose license in MN in your lifetime and you have to win a drawing to get one. I've applied for 10 years and my dad has applied for 25 and neither one of us have gotten a license yet.
[signature]