Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Humminbird Ice Transducer
Just wanted to let the Humminbird sonar owners know that they've finally released their ice fishing transducer for the 300 and 500 series fish finders. this one uses a float system like the vex and marcums, and theoretically, should hang straight down in the hole.

I bought one from amazon dot com for 69$ and got free shipping.
I've been waiting since last year for them to release this thing, and even had their customer service tell me that there were no plans to make one, so I'm pretty stoked that it's finally here.
The model number is XI 9 20
[signature]
Where did you find the info stating what fish finders it would work with? I am very interested in getting this if it will work with my 535 that I have.
[signature]
It says it on the back of the package.
[signature]
Just my own opinion, but I don't see why this thing wouldn't work with almost any of their modern sonars, since most of them use the same model transducer. I guess somebody could check with humminbird if they were interested.
[signature]
Thanks for the info. I got mine on order should be here Tuesday Smile
[signature]
Finally got to try it out today on Mantua. It worked great! Never lost sight of my jig, at least until my friend took the finder for his own use[mad].
[signature]
I used mine yesterday at Mantua and at Scofield today. It worked pretty good. Had to spin it around once in a while seems like it hangs at an angle sometimes and doesn't point straight down. If I put it in the same hole as my line would have to rotate it quite often. If I put it in it's own hole next to the one I had my line in once I got it set it was good for most of the day. I am definitely happy with the investment so far.

Chad
[signature]
I just got my 565 and was looking at the Ice fishing Transducer. How long is the cable that came with it? I am wondering if I can use the ice ducer on my float tube instead of a hard mounted one.

Thanks
Majja
[signature]
It is about 6 feet long or so.
[signature]
Sweet. I think I am going to order one and see if I can adapt it to my float tube. It would be nice not having 20 ft of cable on there.
[signature]