Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Advise on Lee's Ferry
Heading down to southern Utah tomorrow for a several days. I was wondering if it's worth my time to drive to Lee's Ferry for a day of fishing this time of year? I've never been any time of year. My concerns are if it's a good place for wading and whether the canyon is in the shade most of the day this time of year. A little sun always helps when the water and air are both about 40 degrees. Thanks
[signature]
Have not had a bad day at Lee's ferry ever.
[signature]
Thanks Mactuna, that's good enough advice for me . Hopefully I'll make it over tomorrow.
[signature]
So how was your trip? Beautiful place but not what it was 10 years ago before the flooding.
[signature]
Hedgsed see my report under Christmas Bows about my trip. That was my first first trip to Lee's Ferry but I found it to be a pretty easy place to catch medium size rainbows. The fish put up a fairly descent fight for their size and frequently jumped 3 -6 feet out of the water. Supposedly the place is starting to recover and this is the first year in a long time the fish where spawning in December. I 'll definitely give it a go again as the weather warms up down there in a month or two.
[signature]