Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reports from Commerce Twp
Catchum and I hooked up on fryday, we hit several spots. we first checked out our sucker holes, what was there last week has gone back down in to the lake.

Davey Crocket (my dad) tells me that when they go back down river because of ice snow and cold rain driving the water temps back down, they seldom come back up.

well they surly were not back up fryday, not in any of our holes. the water level was up about a foot as well, that ice storm messed up the thaw and the posibilities of it seeping in to the ground.

we went to my cat fish hole, that area was as void of fish as my pockests with gold. after parting ways, I went over to my trout hole and hooked in to 4 rainbows. 3 small and one 15 incher, (maybe 2 lbs)
[signature]
i didn't get skunked today , ua , yesterday , but i did get frose ! whitecaps and a freesing wind that was meaner than a pit bull with an attitude . landed a brown and let him go , reeled in a few steelheads and when i slacked up the line they unhooked ( product tester hooks ) i guess they work for big ocean fish , but not our little steelies .

were tring to hook up here too , lonewolf , uglystich , farmer tim , and fireman mike and myself . ( fireman mike will be a new member , he will be using his sisters computer ) were going to omer for some suckers and perch on sunday .uh , today !
[signature]
make sure you mention them on the product testers board and send them an email as to how they worked on the fish you targeted, positive or negitive it is still productive information for their developers and distributers.

I got mine yesterday, and am going to keep one and send the other two to florida for my dad to test on cobia grouper snaper and sheephead.

you may want to try them on a different fish. like a carp, pike, sturgen, drum (white fish/sheephead)

the fish I would not try them on is larg mouth bass, trout, salmon, and catfish because of the size and shape of their mouths. I dont think the stop bar will stop them from getting the whole hook down in their mouth, but also I think that if they close their mouths on it they will spit it out.

how ever if they made a smaller one I think it would be ideal for them hook swollowing perch, hills and other pan fish. I know for a fact that they would never be able to get their mouths past the stop bar.
[signature]
my feeling exactilly , a smaller verson would work for us here ,

i guess you can say the hooks work , i didn't get a bunch of hook-ups but i did go thru a lot of bait !

i am still going to try them for other fish , i posted a schedule of fishing with them on the product testers .
[signature]
[Image: wall.cgi?id=1236&do=view_image]Well doging lighting bolts is beginning to be a daily task if you want to spend an entire morning or afternoon on the pond.

sitting out on the lake yesterday you could smell the pike in the water... they were active after the electrical storm came though and drove me off the lake for about half an hour. I went back to the boat bailed it, I brought my bail scoop because I thought I might need it and sure enough I was right....

I did manage to hook up with a dozen perch and a gill.
[signature]
[center][#ff0000][size 5]Heads Up !!![/size][/#ff0000]
[/center]

Hey Spear and Bow fisherman,
the old doge park on commerce road is packed full of veratious gold fish, (carp) so thick you can walk on them.... Grab your rod, grab your spear, grab your bow and get out there, they will only be there for a day or two,

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=135343;search_string=search_string;#135343"]you wont beleive your eyes [/url] <--link
[signature]
Hey there Dave, What exactly is the Commerce Twp? Is it a lake or what? How big is it?

You've pulled a variety of species out of here and was wondering if its a lake, stream, river ect.
[signature]
What is a Commerce Twp?

it is the place where I live... it is 6 miles by 6 miles square and also has 3 cities in its boarders. in this this tiney plot of land are numrous ponds, lakes, streams, and a couple revers and dozens of drainage ditches.

I fish a number of these small bodies of waters that produce a wide veriety of species with out hardly haveing to go anywere. when I was a kid we had several types of residents, farmers - summer vacationers - and hillbillies from Kintucky. I am a hybred of farmer and hillbillie [Tongue]

now adays commerce twp is a sprawling residential matroplis, the detroiters runned their town to the ground and moved to commerct twp and are currently sending commerce twp down the same road as detroit.... (why I am moving to tenn)

I have to say though that the fishing is great!!! and the current generation has no Idea of what is in the water nor do they have the patients to work it... thier pace of life is so fast they want the fish to jump out of the water and hit the lure before the lure even has a chance to get wet [unsure].

At one time during my life time this area was reveired as the sportsmans paridise "the place to be to hunt and fish"... the hunting is about all gone, and the city folk want to get rid of the fishing too.[pirate]
[signature]
Howdy.

todays report from Commmerce Twp.

the gills are hittin, the bass are hittin, the perch are hittin, and ya cant shake the rockbass....

all in all they are hitting well the last three hours of the day... If the rain holds off I would expect the bite to be heavy for the next 3-4 days...
[signature]
DO you thing the carp are still up at dodge park? I would like to break out the bowfishing stuff. Where should I go? I have never been to that park.
I have been so busy lately, here at work I haven't had a chance to get on the net to see what all you guys have been up to lately.
[signature]
O wow, you missed the oppertunity of the season... for a blind mans shoot and hit two event.

they were so thick there last week you could walk across thier backs to pass over the river and keep your feet dry.

Sadly they are gone at least the masses. you may still find a few stragglers. drive down south commerce rd. till you come upon the big commerce road sign park behind it, get out walk to the right and you will see the dranage ditch, step in and wade up the ditch. it is hard bottom. the water shouldnt be any more than knee to waist deep, take your waders and happy hunting.... there were a bunch of guys shooting last week. the garbage man was having a fit the last couple weeks.....
[signature]
Saturday and Sunday were both exclent days for fishing.... dispite the heavy rain lightning and tornado warnings that were flagged over most of the south eastern regeon of the state on both days...

saturday started out with light showers in the morning and stayed cool most of the day. sunday started out cool and moved right up in to the eighties

trout bass gills and perch were dooing well.
[signature]
well my last trip to the honey hole gave me a big surprise .

my wormcooler was going bad fast so i gathered all it's remaining residents and took them fishing , rock bass , smallies , pike and gills all to small to make a deasent snack so they went right back in . tied on a panther and got a eye on the first cast . after a hundred or so unproductive casts it was time to try somthing else . wouldn't cha know it a leach was tring to get the waderboots , hmmmm , bait for me !

put him on and wham , another eye , keeper size . i started flipping rocks and digging up some mud , got a few more b-suckers and went at it .

got myself a walleye dinner in no time at all . sunburn too !

kinda stramge the eyes wouldn't take a crawler , but man they sure had the taste for those b-suckers bigtime .
[signature]
yep, I already went through my first box of leaches....[Wink]
[signature]
i'm taking a couple guys from work to the honey hole tomorow , for some eye action .
sunday they want to hit wixom lake for some gills before they head out to deeper water .
[signature]
I am hopin to get out next week. I still have to pull in a legal lmb and smb for the contest, not to mention a realy respectable gill [angelic]
[signature]
helthy fishing report for 6-20-04

every place I went today I found every fishing hole occupied with children... even in some of my most secluded fishing holes I found children fishing. but not alone, There seemed to be a dad present as well in every hole...

it did my heart good to see fathers day and fishing hook up together for a winnnig 1-2 punch. the weather today was working in hand with the day's sperit in mind. gental brease to keep away any peskey mosquitos, perfect temps holding at mid 70's, just enough sun to worm the sole and just enough clouds to keep the sole from becoming over heated....

Yes I will recant,

6-20-04 was a perfect day. almost as if God had a plan just for the hard working day by day dad, a wll earned reward for all he dose for his children. The good Loard sertainly had it in for the family unit this weekend...

See ya'll on the water soon... Dave...
[signature]
i was on for a bit yesterday and tried to post but my server went down , now i forgot what i was going to say !

oh well it will come back to me later , lol !
[signature]
this is a little late commin but here it is any way, this may still be of some help.

I went out last wensday for a couple hours. and that was was how long it took before the rain set in. the first round came in and lasted for about 15 minutes and we decided to fish through it. we got about 15 minutes before the next cloud came rollin in this time drenching us. and puttin about an inch of watter in the bottom of the boat. we would have fished through this round as well but we herd the roll of thunder and saw a flash of light. so off to shore we went. now of cource you know as soon as we got to shore the rain quit compleatly and we got a double rainbow.

we were already ashore standin on solid ground and soaked and decided we had had enough and packed up and went home.

the only action we got the whole time between the two of us was 3 small gills. as for me I got notta.
[signature]
I managed to get out today to enjoy some rays[Smile]

brought home a dozen gills. I did manage to hook up with a 8 inch small mouth and a 10 inch large mouth.

the fish seemed to be fairly active today, a bit finiky tho' but they usualy are around mid afternoon. I came in just as the bass were realy becoming active.
[signature]