Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
01/05/2008

Anyone going to brave the storm this weekend and hit the ice. If so, where is everyone going to head out. maybe we could up and fish the ice together.
[signature]
im going to hit rockport saturday.
[signature]
I've cancelled too many trips in my life based on weather predictions and 9 times out of 10 the weather wouldn't have been an issue at all. My rule of thumb is now is to just go. I can always turn around and come home if its too bad.
Don't know for sure where I'm headed, but I'm not going to cancel my weekend trip.
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.
Either Echo of Pineveiw not sure yet, went and bought a shack today so bring the weather on!!![cool]

FF462
[signature]
Probly Echo,not sure yet. Still waiting to see how the weather is in th morn.
[signature]
Saturday: Periods of snow. Temperature rising to near 35 by noon, then falling to around 24 during the remainder of the day. Windy, with a southwest wind 44 to 47 mph becoming west 29 to 32 mph. Winds could gust as high as 70 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 15 to 21 inches possible.

This is right off the NOAA website for Strawberry. I'm still planning on going out this weekend, but it won't be to strawberry. I may hit one of the UL harbors and then stop and spend some Cabelas gift card that santa was nice enough to leave.
[signature]
Oh come one... you don't want to brave the 70mph gusts??? [laugh]
[signature]
berry bound, bring it on!
[signature]