Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rebate Checks
How much you gonna get, and what are you gonna do with it?

I'll get $2100 and I think I am going to make some home improvements. [cool]
[signature]
I will probably pay a bill off. I will beleive it though when i have it in my hand.

Still not sure how there figuring what each will get. Any ideas?
[signature]
$600 per working tax payer (as long as they make more than $8000 per year) and then $300 per kid. The dem's have even agreed to it!!! Yay!

Start looking for your check in May... could be as late as July I think just depending on where you fall on the list. [cool]
[signature]
My oldest is 19, and in college. I wonder if I will get 3 bills for her?
[signature]
[black][size 3]I don't think that the "rebate" proposal has not even been submitted to congress yet. So, the exact amount and process has not been approved.[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]But, because it's a election year, it's unlikely that anyone who wants to hold their seat in congress will vote against the bill in some form or another.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Be sure to do your "civil duty", and blow it on something you want that will represent a purchase which will have an increase effect on the economy. Yea right!![/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]The current proposal is something to watch and wait for.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[signature]
You're right... it hasn't been passed through congress yet, but the proposal has been a bi-partisan effort (Nancy Pelosi, Bush administration, among others). It's gonna get done.

At this point those are the numbers and that latest report is that they are looking into giving retired folks a rebate as well.
[signature]
According to what I heard on TV, that only applies to those making $75,000 per person or $120,000 per family. If you make over that you will not get the larger amounts but you will get money. I'm not sure what the cut off amounts are but I'm well under the 75K so I'm spending mine on a trip to Hawaii[Smile].
[signature]
Right. If you make over that individually, then it draws down. But if you make under that, then you will get the full amount. (assuming everything stays the same as they are proposing)
[signature]
My wife mumbled something about this the other day but this is AWESOME if it all plays out! $1200 for my family. Gonna pay down some bills i'm sure OR, swing by my local sporting goods store and spend it with pride knowing i am helping America fend off a depression![Tongue]
[signature]
$1,200 for us and I see a new rod and reel in the mix. The rest will go to paying property taxes.[unsure]
[signature]
I'm going to get drunk and throw penny's at my ex-girlfreinds window.
[signature]
your right, it hasnt gone though congress yet, they are talking about a smaller dollar amount...

it will be at least a couple weeks at the earliest for them guys to read and vote on the proposal....[crazy]

Your right, I dont think this will help the economy, it didnt last time..

giving money to corproate with out telling them how to invest it is like giving donald trump a 5 dollar bill,

I say give all the money to middle class and the lower class, and where they spend it will give the money to corporate and tell them what products are needed and where and how they should invest it.. Giving money to corporate just dosnt make cents.... the economy flows from the bottom up, it dosnt trickle from the top down....
[signature]
I am one of them doods that wont be getting a dime,
[center][pirate] I will spend mine Pissin vinigar and moaning [pirate][/center]
[signature]
Getting close to done!! [cool] [url "http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080129/ap_on_go_co/economy_stimulus"]DETAILS AND APPROVAL STORY[/url]
[signature]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#808000][size 3]$1800 for me! I will be purchasing ice fishing stuff so I can get you guys up here! Even though it has not passed the Senate I am positive it will, this has been reported too much and would be political suicide for Senators not to get this pushed through at the numbers reported.[/size][/#808000][/font]
[signature]
Sounds good to me Braz! Hooked any nice macks thru the ice?
[signature]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#808000][size 3]Nope, I have never even ice fished in my life. But since I am boatless at least for this year I need to take up a new hobby.[/size][/#808000][/font]
[signature]
Good choice![Smile]
[signature]
I think I like the senates idea a little better, but still no mention of the disabled workers or disabled vets.....[unsure]

no mention of reintroducing increase of food stamps. those million dollar mantions who are getting foodstamps wont be happy.... Ya there are a lot of them in michigan, driving suv's and hummers and living in mantions and collecting food stamps... boy I thought the seventies were bad when the pimps in the getto's were driving caddies and colecting foodstamps....

its makin all us poe folk look bad...[pirate]

Ya, I live in a ratted out shack, still I pay taxes... but not the kind that will get me a rebate....[Tongue]

oh well, polititions and their ultamate wisdom,,, if they is so wize then howz comez weez iz facin a depression/resession? "dont answer that" retrical question....

thanks for the lead link.....
[signature]
carefull guys, I saw something about this on the news about this insentive plan being a loan a lone on your next years return....

but not so for corporate. its a gift...

sure hope I heard it wrong... and you guys aint getting poked with a stick in the side....
[signature]