Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba 1-26
After hearing all the great reports from Yuba I thought it a good idea to give it try. The wife and I headed out early from Painted Rocks area on 4wheeler and ended up on the north shore near the sticks - a ways west past everyone else. After some troubles with my shak (mostly user error) I got Hunny comfy and warm and started fishin... We moved twice, found the perch and I caught my limit while Hunny caught a nap in the warm shak. She woke up and grabbed two before we left around 1pm Smile Not bad, all were around 9 -10 inches with only a couple I really questioned; "why would anyone in game management want me to keep this?"..... but I did ... Here's a picture of the monster and the yummy aftermath we had for Sunday brunch..... I love fishin Smile

Best of luck to all... Next weekend I promised the kids a rabbit hunt... so I guess I will have to sneak off to DC after work one night to get my fix.
[signature]
Man those perchies look yummy.[Wink] Glad you got into them i was there yesterday and we had a little trouble getting into them early before we limited out.
[signature]
If you don't mind sharing, what's the recipe you used to cook them?

Schlitz-
[signature]
Pride of the West Beer Batter.... 1 package mix, 2 bottles beer + or - I use O’Doul’s dark... just my preference. I also add about 4 heaping tablespoons of my BBQ rub in the mix...

BBQ Rub = 1 bottle each (the 50 cent kind from Wal-Mart), garlic and onion powders, pepper, Italian seasoning and chili powder - then I add red pepper to give it kick - usually a half bottle.

I like some spice in the batter… it isn’t bad by itself.. I just like to add a bit extra…

They were mighty tasty… My oldest quickly asked… “When we goin again?” Smile
[signature]