Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba 2-13-07
First one, Only one on the ice from 8:00am till 10:00am, when joined by friends. Slow and easy Morning on the ice. Bite was zero till around 9:30 then picked up and steady thereafter. We got limits by 12:30/1:00. Ice is still good, 3 or 4" of crusty snow on top. can see a light melt on top in those areas fished earlier in the week. (Be carefull if walking across or fishing them, there slippery) Access from the ramp was still good, a little wet as we were leaving. The access road is starting to come apart with the warmer weather, muddy and a little rutted when we were coming out, but still passable. Looks like Saturdays gather should be point on for a great day.

[Smile]
4boats
[signature]
Thanks for th update. Does it look like the edges are going to hold up for wheelers??
[signature]
All that will have changed by this morning. I live about 30 minutes from Yuba and there was around 16" of new snow this morning. At 2pm yesterday it was 60 degrees. By 6pm we had 6" of snow. The main roads are still a mess, I can only imagine what the turn off into Painted Rocks looks like.
[signature]
Pretty nice day, but I'm glad we left when we did! The edges were still solid when we left, I'd imagine they will be ok. Heres a few on the ice.
[signature]
Looks like well all have to bring snow shovel to open the camp ground backup and flotation tires on the wheeler to get on the ice. Maybe we'll be lucky and the wind blew it off.
[signature]