Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo 2 Fly Rods
Does anyone have any experience with the Echo Fly rods. I am fairly new to this sport and i'm ready to graduate up from my Cabelas wind river. (Plus would like a back up) I have been looking at the Echo 2, so my budget is around $250. Any help would be great. Also I have been looking at the TFO rods. I really like the lifetime warranty that both of these rods have.
[signature]
You can cast them at Fishwest on 106th south and just south of the mall. I like em. good rods for the money.
[signature]
Excellent choice. I like how different the two tips are. One for distance and one for accuracy. Let us know what you decide.
[signature]
i own the a 7-6 3wt echo classic, i love the rod and the price. i personally dislike the tfo's they feel like lead pipes to me. i would recomend a sage fli or launch these rods are smooth. but im a fan of the slower actions. thats just my 2 cents
[signature]
If you go with a TFO make sure you get the ticr. The professional series has been a disappointment to me in the past but I would stack the ticr up against a sage xp.
[signature]
the pro series has a softer tip and can mend and cast more accurately making it a good nymph rod for the price. i think the ticr is an inaccurate lead pipe when nymphing. dry fly fish i dont love either rod i personally would go with a st. croix avid witch is a great all around rod.
[signature]
Hi there Everett, still waiting on the weather LOL plus I will be tying at the Sportsmens show Saturday.
I have ONE TFO. It is the Pro, because it is the only 10' 5 weight they make. I was set on getting the St. Croix 10'er, but then felt the TFO. "FOR ME", I preferred the TFO slower tip, but I like slow action rods. This rod is not Whimpie at all. I cast #2 flies with ease (but again I like slower action and cast slightly to the side)
If I were to do it over, however, I would have gone with an ECHO hands down. Probably gone with the 12' 5wt, two hander.

Hopefully see you soon E14.
[signature]
Hey Joni well the weather is good! I will be up at the show sometime not sure when though. Hopefully I will see you there. Maybe that is why I like the TICR, I need that lead pipe rod to toss nothing smaller then a size ten all year lol.
[signature]
Hey Everet why don't we hook up and we'll tell FG how the fishin was I'm not to far away
[signature]
I am heading out tomorrow if you would want to come?
[signature]
Ihave to finally work. I might try this weekend
[signature]