Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for a guide
A buudy and I are thinking of doing a trip to the Green river pretty soon. We would like to do a float trip one day to see what that's like. Anybody know of a good guide to hire? Or maybe who not to hire? We have both fished the green before with marginal success so we were considering trying the boat/ guide trip to improve our catch rates.
Any ideas?
[signature]
I know Ryan from another forum. http://www.greenriverflyfisher.com/
[signature]
I still remember the first time I floated the green. Awww, what a wonderful day. The fish were biting, the temps were great, and the scenery... spectacular. Thats probably what enticed me to get certified as a guide out there. Check out Flaminggorgeresort.com

I worked out at the resort in the fly shop for the last two years, and have to say I think we have some of the sharpest guides on the river. Sure other agencies and guide services can get you into fish, but are they (other than trout creek flies, great guides here too) 5 miles from this fantastic river? NO. Living out there and fishing with a lot of the guides taught me a lot about this great river. Any guide they set you up with WILL get you into fish, whether it be nymphing, streamers, or dries. Day in, day out, they know what to throw. This time of year seems to be overlooked by most, but has some of the finest midge hatches of the whole year. Check out the above adress, I'm pretty sure they are still running their "BEST OF DAY" trips, which is the best value.
[signature]
Charlie Card hands down. I consider myself a pretty decent fisherman, and he definitely helped me get into some great fish that I wouldn't have gotten into myself. He is also a black belt on the oars...
[signature]
You will have a blast! Check fishwest.net talk with the owner Dustin, he can show you some things!
[signature]