Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reloading questions
I want to get into reloading for my rifle's and 9mm. What equipment do I need to start out?
[signature]
Your initial startup nowdays is pretty minimal for reloaders. I think I got setup for right around $150 or less for everything for my .44Mag. Adding what I need for my new .223 probably ran around $50 or less (not including brass, powder, primers, etc.) I like getting my gear through MidwayUSA.com. they generally have everything I need/want.
[signature]
Thanks for the info. What equipment do you recommend that I start out with? What stuff is necessary that I get?
[signature]
Press, dies, powder measure & dispenser, primer tool, brass trimming tools... I'm sure there's more, but my mind's a bit cloudy this morning. [crazy]

Midway sells a starter kit that comes with a lot of it. This is the one I bought, though it looks like it's on backorder.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.ex...t=11082005
[signature]
Hey John how you been? I've sure been enjoying that boat[Smile].
When I first started reloading years ago, I started off with an RCBS reloading kit, at the time they were around $180 and that included the dies. I got the kit at Sportsmans Warehouse. Here is a[url "http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=133068&t=11082005"] link to the kit on the Midway site[/url], looks like the price has gone up[unsure]. Here is the stuff the kit came with:
The RCBS Reloader Special-5 Single Stage Press, the Starter Kit contains: Reloader Special-5 Press, 505 Scale, Case Loading Block, Case Lube Kit, Primer Tray-2, Powder Funnel, Deburring Tool and Speer Reloading Manual.
[signature]
Kurt, thanks for the information. I am glad the boat is treating you good. I have looked at the master reloader kits and also the kits put out by Lee. I guess I just need to decide how much i want to spend and then pony up and spend the money.
[signature]
Looking at all of the reloading stuff out their I think I have to many options....[crazy] What is the difference in all of the presses. Single Stage, Progressive, Turret, ect. What is the best type of press to get? It also looks like there is different types of dies to? I just want to get it to it right and get the right equipment...
[signature]
Instead of me trying to discribe all the different presses and dies, the best thing I can tell you is to go to one of the sportsmans warehouse and talk to them. I've never been pressured to buy when I go there but they can answer your questions and you can see all the different makes. I've got to get up at 2am in the morning or I would try to answer you question, sorry.
[signature]