Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eastern Sierra Opener Weather/Road Conditions?

Hey there guys,

It's time again for the Eastern Sierra trout opener, beginning this Saturday, April 26. For a safe and happy opener, I thought it might be timley to provide our visitors with website addresses of some of the major weather and road/traffic condition information sites.

Some general sites offering a variety of information on the Eastern Sierra region include: www.395.com, www.bishopvisitor.com, and www.junelakeloop.com.

For up to the minute as well as long range regional forcasts access: www.intellicast.com, www.snowbomb.com, and www.snowcrest.net.

The latest road and traffic conditions can be found at: www.dot.ca.gov(caltrans) or if you call (800) 427-ROAD i.e. (800) 427-7623.

I can't get away for the opener but I'm sure there's a place at June loop's Grant lake where some nice brown trout fishies are waiting for me and my stealthrider.

JapanRon
[signature]
Hello JR,

Great looking out, although I won't be able to swing it, that is some great info! I know Shawn Arnold of Fish Taco Chronicles never misses an opener and will more then likely get some mileagee out of it!
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator