Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wild Trout in April
Hey everyone. I am a college student at BYU and have definitely had a good time fly-fishing the Provo this year as in the past. However, I am planning on taking a trip before finals to a backpacking area where I can get into some wild trout. I am looking for a very productive, yet remote area to go with one of my buddies (preferably a place where we can hike in and camp). I would primarily like to target brook and cutthroat trout, but love anything. I also would like to stay close by if there are some really productive remote waters I don't know about, but am willing to travel within a 3 hour radius. Anyhow, I don't mean to blabber on, but I have heard that there are some good areas around Boulder Mountain. Anyone have some suggestions? I appreciate them in advance.
[signature]
I hope I don't sound flip' but there aren't a lot of waters that hold big brooks. Asking for this question is like posting this info on the web...[Wink]
[signature]
I agree pm's on this but I know for a fact a couple of Uinta lakes that hold some very nice Brookies.
[signature]
I would forget about the Boulders if you are planning this trip before finals. There is going to be a ton of snow up there at least at the higher elevations, so unless you are into snowshoeing and hiking through some serious white stuff I would plan to go somewhere else.
[signature]
I appreciate everyone's advice. Any suggestions of places that I could go that would require some hiking at this time of the year which wouldn't be too snow ridden? I don't know of any options as I am from Pennsylvania. We don't really have too many hike in, mountain streams or lakes there.
[signature]
I have some ideas. What are the dates in April you are planning for this trip?
[signature]
I am looking at April 17th and 18th, give or take a day or so. I really appreciate it your help. I am from out of state and just don't know much besides the Provo, and thought it would be nice to do some exploring.
[signature]
Hiking and fishing streams that's my speciality. I sent you a pm with 3 suggestions that should all be fishing fine if the weather cooperates just a little. Please don't forget to post some picture no matter where you go.[fishon]
[signature]