Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 day license
hey everyone i'll be visiting CA for a couple of days hope to get a day of fishing in any body know the price of a 1 day non reserdent license

aquaman
[signature]
I know that a one day liscens for a resident is I think still $7.50, but Im not quite sure about a non resident try the Department of fish and games website.

Good luck

Aaron
[signature]
Hello Aquman,

[size 1]This year Ca. has free fishing on [font "Arial"]JUNE 7TH and SEPTEMBER 27TH.[/font][/size]

[font "Arial"][size 1]If you can't pull either of those dates off here's the breakdown:
2003 Sport Fishing License Fees

ANNUAL
Resident $30.70
Nonresident 82.45
Resident Pacific Ocean Only 18.10
Duplicate 6.30
SHORT TERM

Ten-Day Nonresident $30.70
Two-Day Resident/Nonresident 11.05
One-Day Pacific Ocean
[/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 1]Only-Resident/Nonresident
[/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 1](Fin Fish Only)
One-Day Pacific Ocean
[/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 1]Only-Resident/Nonresident[/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 1](Fin Fish Only) w/Ocean Enhancement Stamp
STAMPS

Striped Bass Stamp $3.70
Second Rod Stamp 9.70
Resident Fishing Upgrade 12.60
Ocean Enhancement Stamp 2.65
Colorado River Stamp 3.00
CARDS

Abalone Report Card $12.60
Salmon Punch Card 1.05
Steelhead Report Card 3.95
[/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 1]Do you already know where your fishing? If not let us know where youll be and we'll see if we can't hook you up with the low down on where to fish. Which will tou be targeting fresh or salt?[/size][/font]
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator

Hey there aquaman,

I assume you're going to want to fish from a boat and you are over 16 years old. Then theangler, as usual, has got all the info you'll need. If you are under 16, your home free. If not, and you just thought of fishing from shore along the coast, you could fish for free from certain piers and from jetties that have water on three sides.

As suggested, you could also hit the DFG website.

Don't be a stranger,

JapanRon
[signature]
hey guys thanks for the responce i only wish i was hitting the ocean i used to be a deckhand on some sportfishers and i soooooo miss the ocean but i'll be up in the high desert (apple valley) theres a little lake called mojove narrows full of big bass that go crazy over nightcrawlers flipped in the reeds i'll post a report for you good fishing to all

aquaman
[signature]
Hello Aquaman,

Good Luck to you, and thanks for the headsup on the [size 1]mojove narrows, I've never fished it and have family in Apple Valley. I'll have to get out and check it out in the future. As you probably know Lake Silverwood is also very close and produces some excellent Striper, Trout, and Cats.[/size]
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator
hey angler i'll get back to you for sure about the narrows its only about a 5 arce lake with a island in the center no motor boats they rent row boats and will let you use a electric motor though oh before i get to far a head of my self this info is about 3 years old there is another good place less then a mile away (east) in victor valley collage a little 1 1/2 arce pond that also has some nice bass you might also want to try if you are in the area

aquaman
[signature]
Hello Aquaman,

Thanks again for the heads up on that. I have hit Victor Valley Colleges pond, it definetly has some nice fish in it. My brother-in-law took me out once and we had a blast, the fishing was non-stopped. We caught and released well over 15 fish in that little pond in a half a day!

Where are you coming in from?
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator
i'm headed out from salt lake city utah way to far from the ocean cant argue about that collage pond there are some some nice bass in there i got one about 6# pounds out of there and saw one that had to go 10# no problum the largest out of the narrows was over 15# im really hoping they still rent row boats the fishing is so much better out at the island

aquaman

P.S. just got back from the narrows home page happy to say they still rent row boats and now motor boat also
[signature]

Hey there aquaman,

There is also a place called Hesperia Lake but it may be just another name for either the 'Narrows' or Silverwood Lake. How about Silverwood Lake? It's not far from Apple Valley and is in Hesperia. It has trout, catfish, bass, and bluegill. It's in a SRA (State Recreational Area). There may be just a similar named lake, but I remember reading about stripers being caught too but not at all sure.

Good luck,

JapanRon
[signature]
hey ron your info is fairly good hesperia, silverwood,and the narrows are three different lakes and yes silverwood does have some big stripers i'll probuley fish the narrows its closest to my moms who i'll be visiting if i spend all my time fishing i'd soon get slapped down

aquaman
[signature]
Hey Aqua man,

Dont waste your time at Narrows, my Grandpa lives in Oak hills (the first exit as you come out of the pass) and weve been fishing teh area. I know that the Crappie bite has been good when its not raining and the snow is melted and gone and i know that Hesperia and Jess ranch have been producing trout and I hear the bass lake is pretty good right now. Narrows is starting to get run down a little but I would stick to Silverwood.

Good luck

Aaron
[signature]
Hey AquaMan,

How did you do in Apple Valley?
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator
hey angler between visiting my mom , stepson,and some old friends i never even got a line in the water maybe next year when i have a little more time i'll try again

aquaman
[signature]
Hello Aquaman,

Well glad you had a good time, if you find yourself back out here with a little extra time on your hands in the future, feel free to holler, and maybe we could get a group of us together to wet some lines.
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator
thanx for the offer i'll keep that in mind jan. or feb. of next year i'll be out for about a week hope to see you then

aquaman
[signature]