Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mckay Lake
[font "Calibri"]I fished Mckay lake all day and into the evening. I was using small jigs and black marabous to try to catch a bass or a crappie. I ended up with only one bite and missed it. While I was fishing off the pier, I droped my under water aqua view into the water and hooked my camcorder to it and recorded some under water footage. I watched the video the next day and saw that I caught bass, crappie, and carp on camera. So even though I did not catch any fish, I got some under water video of them. [/font]
[signature]
Those cameras sound pretty cool. Some day I need to get one. That just goes to show you that the fish are there you just got to find the right bait, the right time or hold your mouth the right way. I bet you get them next time. Were is Mckay and what is in there.
[signature]
Mckay Lake is in Broomfied, Colorado. There are Largemouth bass, carp, catfish, and crappie in there.
[signature]
Sorry to bring up an aging thread, but I live right down the street from this lake. I've been trying to get into fish there on a fly, albeit occasionally, for the past couple years. I've caught a few panfish on worm patterns, but can't seem to figure out the bass. Frustrating, because I've seen a lot of good boils every time I've been there.

Jason, I saw your post from July-08 where it sounded like you did pretty well. Do you fish McKay regularly -- have you had any luck since then? Anybody else stumble across this little lake?

Maybe I'll head out there this afternoon and sling a wooly bugger for awhile. I haven't hit McKay with a float tube yet, so it's probably about time.

Thanks, from a new guy.
I used to fish Mckay when I was a kid with my grandpa. It was part of a private club back then and the fishing was great. I have since fished it a number times in the past few years with limited results. My guess is there are still big fish in there... oh well, if anyone has any luck keep us posted on any updates, thanks!
[signature]