Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tubin the Berry
My Son and I tubed Strawberry friday. It was a cool 26 degrees at 7:30, water temp. 52. We ended up with 4 Cutts and 4 Rainbows. the cutts were 19-21 inches and the Bows were 10-15. It warmed up nicely in the sun, water got to 54. Green, brown, black, yellow, red woolly buggers. The brown seemed to be the best. None were real killers. We got out when the wind kicked upat 11. Fished Renegade Bay to the right of the ramp, looking toward the lake.

Regards, Humpy
[signature]
reminds me of fishing with my dad... thanks for the post

(not that I am saying you are as old as my dad [:p])
[signature]
Nice report and pics.
[signature]
Nice post. I cant get enough of that place.
[signature]
SWEET![fishon]
[signature]
Humpy,
How do you like that HummingBird Sonar? Does it work well with your tube? I'm looking for a portable sonar that I can use with my tube and pontoon boat. That seems about the right size and price.
[signature]
I have the regular boat Hummingbird. Older one like 300zt or something like that. I love it! I did make it mobile to work on a tube or a toon, or in the Navigator II case a Pontube.
I use a rechargeable battery, you can use house alarm ones and they are small, but you can pick them up used for less than the $20. sticker the stores have.
Here is my setup for a tube and my pontoon:

[Image: H3setup006.jpg]

[Image: H3setup004.jpg]

[Image: 16450127.jpg]

The screen is under the Crown royal bag.

On the tube, I used a Fishing Buddy tube mount, but a piece of PVC in a larger size would work. My transducer is mounted on a square aluminum tube. The transducer does not need to be very deep, be aware of that. The one on my Tube is about an inch from the level ground. The deeper you go, it is not going to give a true reading to the bottom.
Also in the picture, the transducer is facing the wrong way. I have it point toward the end my feet are, but I guess that doesn't matter, except when coming into shore. I go in backwards.
[signature]
[#000000][size 4]That fishing buddy has some good features. The power (batteries) are contained inside the unit, and it has a side finder feature if you want to scope out the water to the side of your craft.[/size][/#000000]
[size 4][/size]
[size 4][/size]
[signature]
I like the Fishing Buddy. It's very portable, easy to use, etc. The side view is definitely fun, you can see a fish out there 20-50 ft. and make a cast at it. With the new model, the screen will swivel so you can point it any direction and still see the display. The batteries are under the Display and not in the handle, and it is supposed to be water tight.

I went to the Berry today with my father in law, so we didn't get there till 7:45. We were at Renegade Bay, the sun was already high. It was his first trip of the year. Too much Fussin! He got the msg. when I put my fin on and started tapping. I wasted the next 5 minutes laughing while he cussed at me. Once we got going we both got a couple Cutts. and Earl got a nice rainbow 19". It was off and on till 1:00 and the wind kicked up. Earl didn't want to leave, He said, "we just got here." I bit my lip.
all said we got 13 Cutts in the slot, 1 Rainbow 19", and 1 chub 6". water temp was 59--60. Used all kinds of buggers, green and black was a bit better.

Weather was fabulas, didn't get any picts
I was in a hurry to be tapping my foot in my truck, when Earl drove up this morning., .. and left the camera on the counter.
Some days it just doesn't pay to be in a hurry.[Smile]

Humpy
[signature]
Thanks for the info on the Hummingbird...i was at Cabelas yesterday eyeing one. And when I do, I'm sure I will have a lot of questions.

thanks

Jack
[signature]