Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fly Fisherman Killed By 600-Pound Boulder
[font "Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Fly Fisherman Killed By 600-Pound Boulder[/font] [font "Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size 2]

DRAKE, CO--A California man was struck and killed by a 600-pound boulder late last month while fly fishing in Colorado's Big Thompson Canyon. [/size][/font]

[font "Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size 2]Frank Misso Jr., 38, of Paradise, California, died at the scene, according to Eloise Campanella of the Larimer County, Colorado, sheriff's office. [/size][/font]

[font "Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size 2]Misso and a friend were fishing in the canyon when the boulder came loose and fell from the wall above them. Campanella says investigators believe the boulder's fall was an accident.[/size][/font]
[signature]

Fluke accident or what?

Condolences to the loved ones and especially the innocents of this hapless soul. In a way he kinda went the way I would like to though..... fishing with a friend, eye on the fish, and rod in hand.

On the flip side I have a warped sense of gallows humor and say let this be a lesson to those who pay no attention to where or what your heavy handed backcast might be doing around you.

His poor friend must have been devastated too. Sad but this stuff happens.

JapanRon
[signature]
[cool]There are a lot worse ways to "check out" than to go while you are enjoying what you like best. We can only hope the end was swift and merciful.

Many long years ago, while working on a boat fishing Catalina for yellows, I was talking with one of the passengers, who informed me that he was a heart patient, and was out there against the advice of his doctor. Not long after the first stop, he got bent by a big yellow, got a big Smile on his face, handed the rod to one of the other deck hands and slid to the deck. He was gone before he finished laying down...with a Smile.

I've thought about that many times and I think that's the way I want to go. It's gotta be better than being hooked up to a machine...or in a fire...or in a driveby shooting.
[signature]
Wow

That would really be the way to go, at least he died happy. I couldnt think of a better way than to die fishing yellowtail.

Aaron
[signature]
that pretty strange tubedude had almost the same experience when i was working a sportboat one year old guy hooked a tuna i put my hand on his shoulder to give a little push to follow his fish he keeled over dead before he hit the deck cant say he was smiling but a good way to check out still

aquaman
[signature]